A selection from my recent trip to Swaziland and Mozambique

Name
Crawford
Edit My Images
Yes
#1 - In a classroom in Swaziland

#2 - Children of Mhlangatane, Swaziland

#3 - We were planting a vegetable patch at this orphanage, the kids really wanted to help!!

#4 - Another volunteer

#5 - Unicef were handing out clothes on this day, the kids were all very proud of their new clothes.

#7- He was a little rascal!!

# 9 - Mozambican beach boy!

I was volunteering in an orphanage in Swaziland, I miss the kids so much. Comments appreciated. See more at http://www.flickr.com/photos/seriouslycrawf

Last edited:
#2, #3 and #6 are all great. I like the joy in #2 and #3. #6 is just a stunning close up. Can you clone out that slight intrusion from the left? It's my favourite any way.

I love this sort of stuff. They're all good, but for me the classroom shot (no. 1) is in a class of its own (groan - but I mean it). Superbly caught moment and the B&W conversion is just spot on. The others aren't too shabby either.

Off to look at your flickr stuff.

Oh, and welcome to the forums - well done for putting up pics so soon after joining.

1, 2 and 9 are my favourites but they are all very good. Had a look on your flickr site and there are more great shots. Looks like it was a wonderful experience and I'm very jealous :clap:

No 6 and the last shot are excellent although I think 6 could be improved by a slight crop of the left hand side.

#7 for me, you can see he's a character :D

I'm finding it hard to choose a favourite out of all of these, they are really charming. 1,2,5,7 are the ones would say I like the most. A lot of happiness and fantastic facial expressions. This definitely seems to be one of those experiences that'll stay with you for the rest of your life.

thanks everyone, it's definitely something that will stay with me for the rest of my life, im hoping to go back sometime! I've cropped the left 'distraction' off of number 6.

Really nice set of images, must be really nice memories of doing something worthwhile.

Shutterman

Very, very good. #1 is great though, I can't think of any way to improve that. The light on the kid's face, and that framing the teacher on the back-wall. Really good stuff.

How long where you over there for?

Thanks, I took my 400D, with 4 lenses

EF-S 10-22mm
50mm 1.8
70-300mm IS
Sigma 17-70

and I actually took that photo with my little compact (Canon IXUS 950)

I was there for only 4 weeks, but it was a very jam packed 4 weeks!! We did so much. But I wish I was still out there!

Week 1: Safari in Kruger National Park (South Africa)
Week 2: Building Project (Swaziland)
Week 3: Planting a vegetable patch at an orphanage (Swaziland)
Week 4: Mozambique snorkelling with whale sharks and relaxation!

Back