A series of bugs from today Pt.1

Edit My Images
No
I first spotted these tiny little flies zipping about near the Chamilia bush. One decided to take a break. Focused in to find a rather colourful little fly. This is of the Chloropidae family ('Thaumatomyia Notata' to be specific and also known as Grass Flies).

I have to admit, the Grass flies and the shot of the Leaf hopper are quite significant crops. I was using a single 12mm ext. tube on my 100mm but unless I'd attached more tubes, I would have to crop to show these guys in a bit more detail.

IMG_0298-L.jpg

Whilst lining up another, I spotted this leaf hopper landing. Slight adjustment and another shot fired off. Leaf hopper and something very tiny in the top left captured (Thrips perhaps?).

IMG_0299-L.jpg

Back to the little tiny yellow and black flies. These are about 2mm in length.

IMG_0300-L.jpg

IMG_0303-L.jpg

From one extreme to the other. A great big fat Hover fly. This thing must look like the biggest "End Level Boss" ever to those little grass flies. This is the only shot I could get of it.

IMG_0305-L.jpg

Shortly after, another fly popped over to say hi.

IMG_0332-L.jpg

Those tiny flies are like little hover flies aren't they, I have a shot of one hovering some in my vaults, likes like the first is laying eggs. Another very good set Ian.

Cheers guys,.

Not sure if they're the same family as Hovers Alby but they certainly look very very similar so certainly possible.. These guys were about 2mm in length :)

Cheers guys,.

Not sure if they're the same family as Hovers Alby but they certainly look very very similar so certainly possible.. These guys were about 2mm in length :)

No they are not the same but seem to behave like them hovering around. :)

Back