A sharp lil Cat

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
I was bored late the other night, so grabbed the camera and took a few pics of Maisie who was shadow chasing on the bedroom floor.

Both taken with D700, Nikon 24-70 and SB900 bounced off ceiling. Curiously, neither have been sharpened in anyway, but the 2nd one in particular looks over sharpened in this resized version, around her whiskers, and slightly soft round the eyes but I can assure you the full size versions are spot on... I love this lens/camera combo :love:

6487023761_3567c40cba_o.jpg

1/125, F5, ISO800

6486994723_9fef708bbb_o.jpg

1/200, F4, ISO 800

I really like these (y) they both look really nice (y) I think maybe on the second it would look better cropped a little tighter (y) I cannot help but think that the blacks could do with a little bit of a boost, also in the first it looks a little over exposed to me as the little white boot's are getting lost' in the flooring :shrug:

Matt

I'll have a look later Matt, did them on this mbp and look ok on that, but its nor calibrated in anyway, so will check on processing machine later (y)

I should and the white boot's are only a little lost not totally (y)

Awww she is a little beauty Yvonne (y) I would agree with Matt on #1 being slightly over. Our Minnie has almost the same markings and is also B&W. She looks good in the viewfinder but as soon as you get the image looking good in PP all the dust specs show up :LOL:

Gorgeous eyes Yvonne (y)

(The cats not bad either :D)

If I was to be critical, there is just enough definition in the paws for them to be separated
from the carpet, but the "laser light" between the ears is a little distracting.
Just as well he was facing the way he was, Eh? :D

Thanks Guys, I have now had a play with the levels, there is no way I can recover paw detail without the rest being totally underexposed, but I guess thats the joy of a black & white moggy, ultimately something has to give but I think you might prefer this version just about ;)

6502238611_1989b92b68_o.jpg

Chris - the 'laser' is the door frame, you know what flipping cats are like, never where you want them to be :LOL:

I think they are just great the eyes are just stunning super sharp and expressive, nice work.

Back