A shoot in Sweden...

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple from my trip to Sweden with my girlfriend, who commonly complains I do not take enough photos of her, so we made time for a few "photoshoots"!

Had a great time and I am pretty happy with the output, as is she with the ones I have posted here.

However, as portraiture isn't something I do frequently, I'd like to get some critique on these and how they could be improved!

Thanks, all.

P.S. They seem to look a little sharper on here than they do on my monitor normally!

_MG_1197 by Nick.Bell, on Flickr

_MG_1200bright2 by Nick.Bell, on Flickr

P1050075 by Nick.Bell, on Flickr

P1050111 by Nick.Bell, on Flickr

P1050092 by Nick.Bell, on Flickr

Looking good, I'd be chuffed if my boyfriend took pictures of me which turned out that well.

My unqualified view.....

I don't like 1 and 2, the background looks *shaky* a funny blur if you will, to my eyes.

With the back light I think a reflector would have helped to light her face/front

H

Thanks guys.

Thank you Helen, I think the backgrounds must be the rendering of the lens, as I haven't done anything to them in processing. Unless the sharpening process has affected them.

I agree with the reflector, but it wasn't an organised shoot as such and it isn't a piece of equipment I carry around with me! I do agree that there needs to be some more light on her face though, especially in no.2

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I, too, think No. is a great headshot.

I like No.5 as well. I'm having trouble deciding which is the better of these two : they're both very good and, IMHO, a cut above the others.

I, too, think No. is a great headshot.

I like No.5 as well. I'm having trouble deciding which is the better of these two : they're both very good and, IMHO, a cut above the others.

Thanks Ged! I think no.3 just pips it for me.
Interesting though, as I prefer no. 1 out of the whole set I think, but I guess I would be biased in some way! :p

Cheers for the feedback! (y)

Thanks guys.

Thank you Helen, I think the backgrounds must be the rendering of the lens, as I haven't done anything to them in processing. Unless the sharpening process has affected them.

I agree with the reflector, but it wasn't an organised shoot as such and it isn't a piece of equipment I carry around with me! I do agree that there needs to be some more light on her face though, especially in no.2

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

If you don't have a reflector and want the back light, see if there is somewhere with a white wall facing her :)

H

Last edited:
Back