A Solargraph

That is superb, did you build the pinhole camera yourself or is it a commercial product? More details please.
This was bought, called a 'Solarcan'. They give you an idea of the FOV which is useful when setting up, in fact I might put another up and tilt it further to capture the full path, seeing as it turned out so well.
Theres no developing required as such. Just cutting open the can in a dark room, taking out the paper and laying under glass, and taking a photo. I used a flash, which the paper had plenty of resilience for. Eventually under the tungsten lights, the paper turns black, so all you are left with is the digital photo.
The opening process and reveal is great fun for others not that into photography also...

Reactions: zx9
Very nice

Hiya

Looks like fun.

Never heard of this type of thing.

Thanks for sharing.

Gaz

Thanks all, Yes, fun it was, I'm putting up another, around the summer solstice, for 6 months this time. A series of these might be interesting, it sounds like a bit of work but really it's the laziest form of photography going...

You should go out every day at the same time and stick your head in front of it squinting. Longest selfie ever.

Nice work!

Back