A (somewhat) recent wedding

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm in the process of rebuilding my wedding website (I've taken a year or so off) and thought I'd share these. All are film, mostly medium format, all Tri-X. Most are natural light, but the three obvious reception shots were available light (using the videographer's light as a spotlight, which I love doing.)

01520019web1hp0.jpg

01640023web1fl0.jpg

01600025web1eu9.jpg

01600018web1ak1.jpg

cakewebhk9.jpg

05430007web1ys8.jpg

Now I'm off to do two shows in one night. I'm apparently a glutton for punishment.

- CJ

Lovely shots! Love the grainy B&W!

#4 and #5 appear a little dark on my monitor, but the last shot is a corker.

mono certainly does keep your eye focussed on the subject of the shots. These wouldn't work so well in colour. Love the one of the hair :)

Thanks very much, all. Just back from a ridiculously hectic weekend. I need to slow down!

#4 and #5 should feel dark. Whenever possible, I like the images to reflect the scene as it looked if you were there in person. For those two images, the room was completely darkened except for the spotlight on the subjects. If our monitors are calibrated the same, you should see strong highlights, strong shadows, and a very steep fall-off of tones in between.

Marianne, thanks! I definitely agree about mono. It can say so much by showing so little.

- CJ

Back