A starling(?) having it's breakfast

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello!

This was taken yesterday morning through patio glass.

Is it a Starling? Two of these were having a field day on our grass eating what look like grubs from recently treated lawn :puke:

I have cropped/adjusted for levels and sharpen a tad (they were moving so fast for me!)

Please be gentle with me... my first ever post and not sure if I have upload my photo correctly!!!!

Gary

IMG_9298TP.JPG

Hi Gary & welcome.

It's not easy taking shots through glass, especially when at an angle due to refraction and even more so when it's double glazed patio glass. Due to this it does look a bit out of focus. I'd try sliding the patio door open a smidgen for the lens, put a little bait down in the grass (maybe mealworms or a few raisins) and wait for the critters to come back for a better shot.

You have shown though that starlings do have beautiful colours when bathed in sunlight so it'd be well worth the effort :)

:agree: ... A good shot of a Starling grabbing one of its favourite grubs... ;) ... a Leatherjacket aka Crane Fly grub... :D ... and that's a good thing because I think these grubs spend a couple of years under your lawn chewing away at the roots... :eek:

:p

Back