A Stormy day at the Lagoon

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
So, this is where we stayed on our honeymoon, A small island called Pemba, about an hour from Zanzibar.
First day weather was amazing, second day moonsoon rain and was colour we had !
The number of crabs attached to the wood was incredable, snorkeling around here was just superb.

Anyhow thought it made a nice lead-in and colour just had to be snapped...Was tempted to clone the speedboats but thought I'd leave as is for posting. Let em know if you think they should go ?

1910365743_3aa1c09000.jpg

Usual C&C welcome..

Thanks,
Neil

It would be good if you could clone the whole boat and move it off into the picture at rule of thirds so eye was led into it by the wooden posts.

I love it anyway-so atmospheric.

Did you use any filters or hdr

my choice would be to clone them out, they don't really add to the picture and the splashes of yellow are a bit distracting(y)

I've come back to this a couple of times. I think it is a you had to be there shot. Still not sure.

As to the boats, maybe tone down the yellow a bit.

Great shot, but I'd be tempted to loose the boats.

Yep - I agree, the boats must go ... Think I missed a trick and should ahve got down lower to use more of the steps as foreground interest. No way unfortunately to step back any further to frame better :( But thought I would post to get some opinion. I still like the shot, but more of Pemba to come soon !

Lovely shot. I also vote for removing the boats. If there was a nice sail boat it would be tempting to move it to a better position but as they are just speed boats I say take em out... :)

I adore the texture of the water on the steps.

No beating about the bush for me like these men.......I love it! (y)

Back