A sunny morning with a hint of Autumn mist rising off the water

Second is good but the first is simply stunning! I'd leave the sky exactly as it is.

Both are stunning, I'd like to see the colour of the 2nd

What pp did you do

H

The first is a cracking shot. I too would like to see a colour version of the second one.

Agreed both are lovely but #1 for me is just so god damn gorgeous:love:

Wow.....thanks everyone! (y) Glad you like them (even though they are HDR albeit rather toned down from how I normally do them)!! :):naughty::)

When I processed the 2nd one, I couldn't get the colours as accurate as I would have liked, probably due to looking into the sun :thinking:.....so I changed it to B&W which I was much happier with! Anyhow, I've added the colour one that I'm not so happy with.....

All very nice but number 1 has the much overused, but very suitable, wow factor....great stuff

Fantastic, Love these.

Thanks, guys.....all this positive feedback is much appreciated! (y)

Both are beautiful I agree, are they photographs or paintings? And where are they shot?

Château de Ballerand in Haute Vienne, 10 minutes up the road from us. It was originally a much smaller, 15th and 16th century maison forte that was bought by a Swiss company about 10 years ago. 7 or 8 years ago they started the renovations, actually moved a road (after permission to build a bridge was denied) and knocked down the original, building this in its place. When the credit crunch hit in 2008/9, work stopped and it has been like this for the last 5 years...still with plastic sheeting on the windows!!

Lovely scene, great light and wonderful mist!

BUT you have killed the atmosphere with weird and unnatural HDR look. Sorry. They are meant to look light, airy and misty, with no black grit

Thanks, Mark and Malc!:)

Thanks for taking a look, Daugirdas.....I didn't realise you where there this morning as well!! :) I'm not sure why you think it is weird and unnatural, though.....it doesn't look that different to the 'correctly' exposed shot I used in the HDR images! :thinking:

Here is that middle exposure I used in image #1....I would say that it was more 'black grit' than the HDR image!

IMGP0742R by Fuzzyfelt30, on Flickr

I guess you really can't please all of the people, all of the time!! :LOL:

Thanks, David and Justin (y).....the tighter image is actually a completely different shot, rather than a crop of #1. I think I was a bit misleading in one of the posts earlier when I said it was a zoomed-in version of #1!!

Very nice set, I do prefer the less sky version but only because of the cloudless sky, if there was a bit of cloud action going on 1 would be the winner for me

As already said number 1 is stunning I love the reflection, the way the light hits the building the mist everything. Well done I would feel pretty good about myself if I were you

The first is lovely but like Mark I'd lose some sky and get the water and sky in equal proportions. I love the second one, great monochrome, did you use something like Silver Effex? Great shots.

Thanks, Kev, Gary, Ben and Jim! (y)

See above, Jim, for the 50/50 shot and yes, Silver Efex Pro for the B&W....I tend to use either the neutral or the high structure harsh preset and then work from there! So much easier than when I did it in photoshop with the individual sliders! :)

Just out of interest, I've dug out an old photo from 11 years ago.....this is what the original 15th century Maison Forte looked like back in 2002! :shake:

3008443 (1) by Fuzzyfelt30, on Flickr

Thanks, Kev, Gary, Ben and Jim! (y)

See above, Jim, for the 50/50 shot and yes, Silver Efex Pro for the B&W....I tend to use either the neutral or the high structure harsh preset and then work from there! So much easier than when I did it in photoshop with the individual sliders! :)

I agree Mike, I could get the effects I wanted with CS6 but Siver Efex saves a lot of time:)

Thanks, Jake and ASHTG! :)

Love the first! The HDR works well for me :)

Let me go and get my 'tape recorder' (how old am I) and then could you just say that again?? :D :D

I like the effect you've created in no 1. It's like an old painting.

Not so keen on the zoomed in version which doesn't really give the mood you created in the first

Thanks for your comments, Chris & wooster! :)

Great location for the first photo. Can't get over how great these shots are.
prefer the colour one I think but had you only posted the b n w I would have probably liked that just as much!

Can I ask.. Was there a lot of work done to the first one? Photos aside I'd just like to see something like that. Makes me want to get up early which I never do!

Class.

Back