A sunset later

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
img_0254-edit.jpg

This was taken moments after Tuesdays photo. The boat had been removed and the water had calmed. Its a shame that the entire lake wasn’t calm but it was nice enough for this photo.

Camera: Canon 30D // Focal Length: 15.0mm // Exposure Time: 1/80 // Aperture: f/8.0 // ISO: 100 // Exposure Bias: -1.00

Share This

More...

Very nice , I think the ripples on the far end of the lake add a little movement to the picture and so add interest.

That's just beautiful.

As always...mean and moody and i like it (y)

Another good 'un Pete ... (y) ... I take it the exaggerated vignetting effect is intentional ... :shrug: ... nice though ... :D

:p

As always...mean and moody and i like it (y)

Mean and moody? :thinking:

Another good 'un Pete ... (y) ... I take it the exaggerated vignetting effect is intentional ... :shrug: ... nice though ... :D :p

To some extent. I didn't add a layer to create the vignetting. Its caused by adjusting the blacks / neutrals in the image. I think because the lens is that wide its naturally darker at the edges because of the sunset. This amplifies it. I didn't do it to enhance the vignetting, I did it to enhance the contrast. This was a side effect.

Dark is mean and moody to me

Will just moody do ?

I still like it.

Dark is mean and moody to me

Will just moody do ?

I still like it.

Dark can be mean and moody in the right context but I personally don't feel its fitting here. Generally moody is used for a dark, gritty image which this isn't. Film noir is dark, mean and moody. Imho its practically the opposite of those. Its calm and tranquil.

Dark can be mean and moody in the right context but I personally don't feel its fitting here. Generally moody is used for a dark, gritty image which this isn't. Film noir is dark, mean and moody. Imho its practically the opposite of those. Its calm and tranquil.

Sorry then :bonk:

Back