a tale of woe....

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
decided tofay to take a wander at lunch down by the canal, see what i could get, very overgrown though, so i battle along, thinking it will be ok, rapeseed field, no problems....

get to destination, the military canal at the back of where i work near hythe, took 4 shots of Dragon flies, started on my way back...

I followed my track back, i could see the flattened foliage and followed it carefully, though it was hard going as the foliage was quite hard to walk through, my legs were starting to get a bit sore as i had shorts on...

I reached a point where the undergrowth was thick and high, and then, a small clearing, then more tall stuff.

Disaster struck, whilst battling through the tall stuff, i slipped in a dried tractor rut, my ancle turned at down i went....into the ONLY patch of nettles on the entire path.

So here i sit, my ankle strapped, my legs throbbing from the walk and the thrashing from the undergrowth and the nettles, and huge nettle rash.

Great

and worst of all

the shots sucked :?

Ouch, you had me worried there for a moment, I thought the camera was going to end up in the canal.;) Glad you're more or less okay :)

i think i broke my ankle, lol, hurts like hell and is all swollen on one side, cant touch the swollen bit, hurts too much

EosD said:
i think i broke my ankle, lol, hurts like hell and is all swollen on one side, cant touch the swollen bit, hurts too much
It's hard to tell actually Matty, some sprains can be more painful than a break. You need to get it checked out though! Good excuse to pop a cork on medicinal grounds though. :wink:

EosD said:

:shock: :shock: I feel bad now for joking, I didn't realise it was that bad, sorry m8 :(

All good artists must suffer for their art :)

and :(

thanks for the sympathy guys, i know deep down your all laughing though...

am sitting at work now, at the desk all day, nothing to do but surf....

if it still hurts like hell in the morning i will go to casualty

Hospital means nurses means photo opportunity :)

dlh said:
Hospital means nurses means photo opportunity :)

and that means another court order..... :eek:ops:

i found if i walk around alot(slowly) then it eases a bit, but if i stop it really starts hurting again

bugger

Try running it under the cold tap to reduce the swelling.

Your foot that is!

got a cold compress on it now, and a clod beer in hand, and am about to sit and relax

back at 8.30!!!

ouch,

i know what ur goin thro m8
i broke my ankle last september, and it took 6 months to get right again,

be prepeared for the long haul on this one

MP

at least u got a good film to watch tonight, lol

Indeed......and very good it was too

Sorry to read about this buddy, do you know if your ankle is broken or not yet? Either way i hope you are feeling better soon.

dont think its broke, all puffy though, looks like fluid retention in the foot?!

Back