a trip to lakenheath and mildenhall 21/9

Edit My Images
Yes
me and a couple of friends took a trip to lakenheath and mildenhall yesterday and had a pretty good time, photos are nothing amazing as the fence was in the way and didnt have enough time to explore but heres some pics anyway...

mildenhall

DSC06942.jpg

DSC06878.jpg

DSC06865.jpg

DSC06840.jpg

That was worth the trip by the looks of it - 5 8 & 10 were my favourites - thinks that was the numbers of them :)

Looks like you had good light for it - have to pay a visit to Lakenheath one time :)

A busy day by the looks of it! That C17 looks like a nice visitor... I think it's been before but they're always nice to see! :)

thanks to everyone so far, the c17 was impressive its a shame i didnt many pictures of it through the fence, i do however have some lovely pics with fence across the frame though. Ive been to coningsby and thought it was busy for the couple of hours we were there seeing a couple of planes in, two fly over and four fly out. Lakenheath was totally different with about 20 - 25 aircraft in out or taxiing about during a similar amount of time, at one point there was about 8 f15s holding waiting to take off.

They certainly love their flying

Sounds like a busy day! #8 stands out, liking the heat waves blurring into the distance

I agree with Neil. The forest is probably the best position. you've got some corkers there.
I think if I had to choose one, it would be number 8. Very nice!

Kev.

thanks, i have my days off in the week at work so i will most likely go there again in the near future as it was a good day out, will have a proper wander about and do the same at mildenhall aswell as i never managed to get a picture of a kc135 either

liking the pics from lakenheath aswell Neil, what lens did you use for these ?

Last edited:
thanks, i have my days off in the week at work so i will most likely go there again in the near future as it was a good day out, will have a proper wander about and do the same at mildenhall aswell as i never managed to get a picture of a kc135 either

liking the pics from lakenheath aswell Neil, what lens did you use for these ?

You've been to Mildenhall and not got a picture of a KC135? ;):D

There is a field off Pollards Lane which has a truck trailer against the fence.. great spot for photos :)

what lens did you use for these ?
I used a 100-400 for those which I no longer own.. Next time i'll have to use 70-200 plus 1.4x.. Set your lens on the widest aperture when at the fence and it will disappear ;)
Word of caution though.. Stay on the opposite side of the road when you've took a few photos, that way the U.S security should leave you alone.. I only crossed when something was taxing out or landing

for the time we were at mildenhall and lakenheath no one bothered us so i suppose we may have been lucky... There was one kc135 that took off as we were driving to lakenheath which we could see in the distance but that was it, just a c130 constantly doing circuits and touch and go landings for 2 - 3 hours literally

No 8 is really good. That pack of eagles looks really menacing. :eek:

Back