A trip to the Lake District ~ Couple more added!

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
We were going to go to Scotland, but changed our minds at the last minute,
and decided to head for Bowness-On-Windermere where we spent a couple of days of our honeymoon instead.

I can recommend Aphrodites Lodge for somewhere to stay. They are reasonably priced and you get little treats like saunas
and double sized jaquzzi baths in your bathroom :eek: The grounds are pretty nice too.

We almost came back at 10pm though (Thursday evening) after seeing the news about the threat of coastal flooding
on the east coast, since our house would most definitely have been flooded
had it happened, and our Guineas were downstairs.... Ugh anyway, we ended up staying after all and
below is a little selection of shots for you all to see.

#1 The water feature taken out of our bedroom window at Aphrodite's.

1951389133_1a4929aa1a_b.jpg

#2 A group of thoughtful friends. I wonder what they are thinking? Maybe they had a "special" night together
the night before and are still in shock :LOL:

1952228062_c9ac4ac3e5_b.jpg

#3 Ambleside ~ There was a bit of a colour theme going on with the sheep throughout the Lakes,
some were completely yellow, red, and purple!
I presume it was raining when they were sprayed :LOL:

1951390859_fe3b4b9fd6_b.jpg

#4 A pretty view we stopped for on the A66 on the way to the Lakes.

1947078363_985228a79a_b.jpg

#5 And finally some Wind Turbines. I think they were located near Bedale on the way home through the Yorkshire Dales.

1952469052_a69c8cfedd_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jo
xxxx

Jo...these are wonderful!

And I want to go to APhrodite's Lodge too!! :D

Brilliant set Jo!! 3 is fantastic the light and colours remind of one of those pre-raphaelite paintings!! (Millais? William Holman-Hunt?) Excellent anyway!

#3 #4 and #5 are winners! Fantastic!

crikey those are good (y)
you even managed to make the wind trubines look good by showing the movement
wanna give us a link to the hostelry? oops just seen - you have !!!!!
sounds top notch!

3 and 4 are excellent but my favourite is the wind turbines, it's superb :clap:

We went to Bowness-on-Windermere for valentine's a couple of years ago and stayed at the Fayrer Garden's just round the corner from Aphrodities Lodge. I have to admit that although our hotel was fantastic I thought that Aphrodities just looked so much more fun ;)

We were going to go to Scotland, but changed our minds at the last minute,
and decided to head for Bowness-On-Windermere where we spent a couple of days of our honeymoon instead.

I can recommend Aphrodites Lodge for somewhere to stay. They are reasonably priced and you get little treats like saunas
and double sized jaquzzi baths in your bathroom :eek: The grounds are pretty nice too.

Jo
xxxx

All that and you still managed to get a few images in the "bag" as well? There great images, #1 especially but I do wonder why? :LOL:

3 and 4 are excellent but my favourite is the wind turbines, it's superb :clap:

We went to Bowness-on-Windermere for valentine's a couple of years ago and stayed at the Fayrer Garden's just round the corner from Aphrodities Lodge. I have to admit that although our hotel was fantastic I thought that Aphrodities just looked so much more fun ;)

:LOL: Frayer is where we stayed for our honeymoon! We had the ground floor room on the far left, facing out onto Windermere! We did go to them to see if they had that room available on Thursday night, but it was booked and their room prices have gone up too. They wanted £80pppn :eek:

The room we stayed in at Aphrodite's was a bit tacky, but it was all they had left. The others look much nicer. And at £40pppn it was a steal considering what we got for that.

Loving #3! Are the colours natural?

I did a little bit of curves adjustment, but only to bring out the colour that I saw with my own eyes. The way the sporadic sunlight was drifting over the mountains was majestic.

All that and you still managed to get a few images in the "bag" as well? There great images, #1 especially but I do wonder why? :LOL:

:thinking: What do you mean? :LOL:

wow, no.3 is really good, and no.4, i wanted to stop to get that pic too, i drove past there a few weeks ago on my way to the lakes.

Superb shots. A beautiful location for getting some great shots.

Just a couple more to add :)

#6 Grassmere
1959208173_4d484c3d1d_b.jpg

#7 Castlerigg Stone Circle
1960041276_a915108d68_b.jpg

3 & 4 are outstanding shots in a very nice set. fantastic colour and light there(y)

Back