A Tripod, really?

Edit My Images
Yes
I was walking around taking pics the other day when I saw these chaps taking pictures. :eek: I think it may have been a better idea to go back a few feet and take the pic on dry land. ;) :LOL:

ite3524aeditresize.jpg

reminded me of this website (although the OP pic is not really H&S focussed!)

The tripod on a boat was funny but the link took me to some very welcome light hearted relief at the end of a long day. Brilliant :)

It's given me an idea that may be cool, hows about a long exposure type thing? The boat would be sharp, as the camera wouldn't move relative to it, but the scenery would all be blurry?

It's clearly not what he's doing, but there would at least be a reason for looking like that much of a muppet :D

That's always the problem with primes !

Perhaps he was doing a movie.

It's given me an idea that may be cool, hows about a long exposure type thing? The boat would be sharp, as the camera wouldn't move relative to it, but the scenery would all be blurry?

It's clearly not what he's doing, but there would at least be a reason for looking like that much of a muppet :D

4449492497_22df68feeb_b.jpg

4449492889_b2ca59f70e_b.jpg

Stornoway harbour

:D

Last edited:
Maybe the tripod has IS...

I once saw a professional press photographer (I think he was professional) using a Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 on a monopod. I've used a 200-400 f/4 handheld!

4449492497_22df68feeb_b.jpg

4449492889_b2ca59f70e_b.jpg

Stornoway harbour

:D

Nice pics - I tried to get some long expsoures of a swimming pool sloshing about on a cruise ship while we were in a storm. Didn't work! Star trails did work however but only in a kind of zig zag up and down motion...

I once saw a professional press photographer (I think he was professional) using a Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 on a monopod. I've used a 200-400 f/4 handheld!
sorry but that is a stupid statement, it depends what you are doing there are times when i wouldnt dream of putting my 70-200 on a monopod but also lots of times where i need to.

sorry but that is a stupid statement, it depends what you are doing there are times when i wouldnt dream of putting my 70-200 on a monopod but also lots of times where i need to.

Taking pictures of the flat where there was an alleged gas explosion a while back and where the mother allegedly killed her three children. Nobody else had one.

Back