A Very lonely Tree

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Forced to use a square crop here. Taken in portrait, I wanted to keep as much sky as possible in the image, but remove the unsightly shadows at the bottom. I also like the way the empty bench emphasises the loneliness of the tree :p

2176450732_b73205caec_o.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Stunning shot !!

Bit too much glare from the sun though and its overlapped the tree.

Stunning sky though and superp composition.

I'd agree about the sun glare being a bit too much but apart from that its great!

^^ what they said. really like the idea of it though.

i love that sky. i am a big fan of square format myself; dont understand why others dont care for it.

Beautiful.

I'll take it just as it is ta. The square, the glare, the light, it's all just bang on for me. :)

What an eye catching image - my first reaction was 'Wow'!

Great composition and processing.

lovely image! dont worry about the sun glare, the sun is supposed to be bright!

looks like a HDR and i correct? lovely all the same.

Thanks all :D I must say I was pretty pleased with this one. I've visited this location before but at the wrong time of day. This time though the light was great and the clouds looked fantastic.

Charlie, HDR'ed from 7 images then tone-mapped (y)

Perfection, i would love to see the areas around the seat darkened. Apart from that a great image, very dramatic

The sky looks as though it is coming out of the image and over my head! - lovely.

Beautiful.

I'll take it just as it is ta. The square, the glare, the light, it's all just bang on for me. :)

What he said - Great exposure control. :clap:

I'm obviously in a minority here :)

I like the image but not the HDR 'look' and blur/softness from the processing.

Very true- people on the forum often harp on about 'blown highlights' etc, but you have to realize the limitations of current CCD's in extreme situations.

Nice photo - with creative glare I'd say!

I agree!

Sometimes things ARE white! :p

Thanks guys!

Rob, surely the HDR "look" is the image :thinking: Without it this image wouldn't have been possible?

Back