A very random candid...

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
It was just coincidence that I had my camera on me when I called around at a mates, my mum was there, she was watching a video with my mates partner, the video is basically a monkey doing rude things to a frog, one of the random/funny things a monkey does that some how manages to get caught on video. (Search for it on YouTube - Monkey Frog)

I'd seen the video, and I knew what their reaction was going to be, so I had my camera at the ready.

Shot with the nifty fifty @ f/2 - Man, I can never get enough of that lens, I've had it now a good 2 years or so, and I love it even more than the day I got it.

4951769811_5d895d19f9_b.jpg

For me, the look on their faces says a thousand words, but I thought i'd share it to see what other's thought, I don't really do much candid/people work.

Comments & Crit welcome as always.

Thanks mate. Out of everything I've bought, the 50mm tops the lot, without question.

great photo ... i can see why you would get such a reaction from watching the video

Like it too! Defines what a candid should be to me... a semi-planned natural shot rather than a random snap leaving heaps to chance. The second person on the right gives it added interest to me... I like it a lot, and you've inspired me to try and rig something like this myself now. Thanks! (y)

Nice product placement too! :LOL:

Love the shot, although the bottles are a little distracting, but being a candid, it would be wrong to move them out of the shot.

I like this, a very fine moment captured. I should really use my nifty fifty more often.

Like it too! Defines what a candid should be to me... a semi-planned natural shot rather than a random snap leaving heaps to chance. The second person on the right gives it added interest to me... I like it a lot, and you've inspired me to try and rig something like this myself now. Thanks! (y)

Much appreciated fella, means a lot.

I'm in total agreement with the semi-planned natural shots being better than random shots being left to chance, allthough when they come together, sometimes they're amazingly epic.

If i've inspired even just one person, then i'm a happy bunny!

Nice product placement too! :LOL:

Love the shot, although the bottles are a little distracting, but being a candid, it would be wrong to move them out of the shot.

I've thought about that, them being distracting I mean, but I was too busy trying to grab the moment I didn't even realise the bottles were in center-frame. Hopefully they're not found too distracting.

Thanks btw.

I like this, a very fine moment captured. I should really use my nifty fifty more often.

Thanks matey. The nifty fifty is such a fantastic lens, takes an ordinary kind of shot and just blows it out of the water IMO.

Great shot, i went seaching on youtube for the video....and found it!! Do you reckon they supply the monkeys with frogs for that purpose or it was just an unlucky little bugger that happened across a horny monkey?! pmsl

Great shot, i went seaching on youtube for the video....and found it!! Do you reckon they supply the monkeys with frogs for that purpose or it was just an unlucky little bugger that happened across a horny monkey?! pmsl

Thanks mate.

It sounds rude, until you watch it, and then it becomes funny due to it being a monkey doing it. Allthough I think the bullfrog was just unlucky to have ended up in there. Was funny non-the-less.

shame the bottles are a little distracting but great capture nonetheless!

Thanks fella!

Thanks for a great giggle whilst studying for my dreaded exam, nice distraction though a little disturbing!
Love the shot and my face was much the same, I love the little girl giving a running commentary in the background

Thanks matey.

Back