A walk along the canal

Name
George
Edit My Images
No
Queens-Head-pub-1.jpg

I really like this although part of me wants to see the top of the tree. I guess you could get a bit lower but then you'd be loosing some of the reflection.

Still - really like it all the same.

Hi Tucker,

I like this shot, well seen.

I cannot tell if it is an illusion but it feels more than looks like it is leaning to the right. Did you use a level when you took it?

Regards

Chris

Thanks all for the comments.
Chris: Not sure what you mean about leaning to the right, the uprights are dead straight so I'm at a bit of a loss really, thanks for the comment though.

Thanks all for the comments.
Chris: Not sure what you mean about leaning to the right, the uprights are dead straight so I'm at a bit of a loss really, thanks for the comment though.

Hi Tucker,

I think it is an illusion but it looks as though the pic is rotated by a couple of degrees clockwise.

So a slight rotation of 2 degrees or so anti clockwise might sort it.

But as I said it might be an illusion.

I learnt something recently on a photographic holiday in the Lake District. Even though a picture is perfectly level it may not be right! Sometimes you just have to move it.

Not saying you have to with this, just my observation, as said on my original post it is a great picture.

Best regards

Chris

WOW, i really like this, what kind of processing have you done?, it kind of looks like HDR, if it is then it is beautifully done..
(y)(y)(y)

Chris.

Thanks Chris, Graham and Chris. LOL

Chris, it is a HDR image, in the original RAW file the underside of the bridge was underexposed (black!) and the scene in front was overexposed so made three images from the one RAW file and ran it through Dynamic Photo HDR 4.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Robbo: It is quite near mate, Stoke Prior on the Worcester to Birmingham canal on the outskirts of Bromsgrove. I think the pub was called The Queen's Head Inn, the next time I'm up that way I'll pop in for a swift half! LOL

Wow Tucker,

This really is a beautiful shot!!! It's picture postcard type gorgeousness. Takes me right back to the boating holidays I used to have as a child (my dad was always into boats and had quite a few as we were growing up, so that was how we holidayed). I'd love to be sat there with a pint too!

Thanks for sharing it.(y)

Hi Tucker,

I think it is an illusion but it looks as though the pic is rotated by a couple of degrees clockwise.

So a slight rotation of 2 degrees or so anti clockwise might sort it.

But as I said it might be an illusion.

I learnt something recently on a photographic holiday in the Lake District. Even though a picture is perfectly level it may not be right! Sometimes you just have to move it.

Not saying you have to with this, just my observation, as said on my original post it is a great picture.

Best regards

Chris

I see what you mean Chris. All the uprights such as drainpipes on the pub look askew, as does the narrowboat. It looks like it's tilted towards the bank it's moored against.

BUT beautiful image!

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Robbo: It is quite near mate, Stoke Prior on the Worcester to Birmingham canal on the outskirts of Bromsgrove. I think the pub was called The Queen's Head Inn, the next time I'm up that way I'll pop in for a swift half! LOL

Thought so,(y)I have seen it before
Check out
http://www.worcestershirecameraclub.co.uk/index.html
might be of interest to you,we have some good quest speakers and a quality competition as well.
Let me know if your interested

Wow, this is stunning. Such clarity, wonderful colours and details, plus a nice original shot.

Amazing!! The more I see good HDRs like this, the more I think HDR = Full HD :)

I like it - my only gripe would be that the colour is so intense it seems almost like a cartoon. Nice scene though.

Hi George,

Nearly fell off my chair when I saw this....not only 'cause I have been there but how brilliant it is.
Could not believe the quality of detail and clarity...then read it was done RAW and merged....normally i would not like this but not in this case.

Hope you don't mind but I have put my shot on from here.Taken just after sun-up on 20 Oct 07...frosty and misty.........looks a lot better in yours

Keith (y)

Pub near Stoke Prior? Was there last week! :) - Its a great photo!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

Keith: Of course I don't mind you putting your shot on here. You obviously got there when the pub was shut! LOL I had a great walk that day from Stoke Prior to Tardebigge, a beautiful stretch of the canal.

Thats a thumbs up from me!! (y)

I drive past here 3 or 4 times a week, I didnt even know it was there!! Lovely pictures there, Maybe the 1st HDR I like!!

Back