A walk on the beach - Sony RX100

Tempted by an RX100 if my XF1s die. Even more tempted now! Is this from the Mk1 or a later version, Brian?

It's the M3 Ethel. I'm still undecided about it - just when it wows me with what it can do, it disappoints in other ways. But that could be down to user error or simply asking too much of it.

It's the M3 Ethel. I'm still undecided about it - just when it wows me with what it can do, it disappoints in other ways. But that could be down to user error or simply asking too much of it.

Thinking of getting one for our walking trips as the big DSLR is making my joints ache.:eek::)

just when it wows me with what it can do, it disappoints in other ways
In what ways has it disappointed so far, Brian? Genuinely interested as I have not had any time to use mine 'in the field' since I got it a few weeks ago

Nice shots btw - are all of the sooc?

Hi Tony. It's more about the handling of he small form factor I suspect - and user error - I've posted about it in this thread.

Edit: Not SOOC but fairly minimal processing in LR. Happy to post up originals if you want to compare.

Thanks for that Brian, interesting points you raise about sharpness at 70mm. I would definitely recommend the wee grip, I bought one for mine immediately upon receiving the camera as it's just too small and smooth to get a good grasp of! The grip helps enormously, but should really be included with the camera given the price tag!

Don't worry about the sooc shots, was just curious was all (y)

Yeah I think I will get the grip - I do like the Sony case and it provides great all-round protection plus a decent grip in itself, but I've found myself taking it completely out of it so that it becomes completely pocket-sized - can't have it both ways I suppose but the grip seems to add very little bulk so it could be the way to go.

Nicely exposed images, makes me want to get mine out and use it! Nice heads up about the grip, I always feel that I'm going to drop it!

Still regret this little camera even though LR played his part. Great set anyway but my fav is the 2nd shot.

Really great compositions across all photos. The RX100 is a beast, miss mine dearly

Lovely set.
The camera has handled the tricky metering well.
On No3 I may have been tempted to crop just a little, to make the shadow disappear into the lower LH corner which may drop the horizon off centre too

That little camera sure is good. I went with the G7X :)

Lovely images.

Back