A Warbler, Prinia, Drongo

Edit My Images
No
Thought I'd post something as it's seems slow going this morning

an old image that I was sorting through deciding which to bin, but noise reduction seems to have worked on this crop a lot better than others that I have tried

It is an African Warbler with a beautiful song at first light - worth getting up at 6am for

D300 - 420mm f5.6 - 1/160th sec - in the morning light
Warbler.jpg

and a Prinia which is usually seen in the same habitat

Prinia.jpg

Last edited:
Nice images! Wish we still had light like that here atm! I need to get myself back to Africa!

Nice couple of shots Bill, the 1st seems to have a blue tinge on parts of the vegetation and the birds legs, beak and feathers ... of course I don't know if that colouring is correct but it does look a little unusual :)

Nice couple of shots Bill, the 1st seems to have a blue tinge on parts of the vegetation and the birds legs, beak and feathers ... of course I don't know if that colouring is correct but it does look a little unusual :)

Thanks Roger - the legs are the usual blue/grey, (leg colours - one of my favourite topics) ....... but I do not think that they are that blue - obviously it depends on the light .......... but these shots were taken at 6 in the morning just after sunrise, (but in the shade 1/160th sec at f5.6 with a D300, so the light must have been not sun)

I'll have a look further

this is more like the colour

warbler_2-2.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe just looking cool due to early morning Bill :)

another little monster from S Africa ........ just waiting to grow up into a bigger one

Forked Tailed Drongo

Drongo_27th.jpg

another that I have had to apply NR to

hanging_1.jpg

Last edited:
Every so often I go through all my images and look for shots that I should "bin" - all the above were taken 3 years ago before I got "serious" ....... and we are taken at the wrong settings, under exposed/over exposed/missed the focus and who would take very small bird shots at 420mm and at 1/200th hand held with a non VR lens and TC ......... but with this modern software it is possible to save many more shots

Is that last one really hanging upside down? (The advantage of a laptop - you can turn it it the other way up)

yes Jan that is how it is hanging - it is a Sunbird, a Greater Double collard Sunbird .. they are small birds - 4 or 5 inches long - it's a male

Here's a close up

they are difficult to photograph as they do not stay still .. but this one took a liking to me

SB_4.jpg

Last edited:
Back