A wash and brush up

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I would post these up from a series I shot a while back. I was aproximately 6ft away with the 70-200 + 1.4TC, unfortunately I was above the KF by about 3ft so the angles do seem a bit odd :( Thanks for looking.

IMG_5231_filtered2.jpg

IMG_5248_filtered2.jpg

IMG_5246_filtered2.jpg

Lucky Git!

very nice images , (i am still trying to get my first shot of a kingfisher)

Lucky Git!

Somewhere hidden in the depths of TP are my log sheets when I first whent in search of the KF, and it wasnt luck :LOL: Thanks for the comment admirable (y)

very nice images , (i am still trying to get my first shot of a kingfisher)

Like all before you Pete your time will come, must admit its worth the wait to a certain degree. Nothing like rising to a challenge I say. Mine was a case of someone thought they had seen one down by a stream near to me so I spent a while tracking it down first which had its good and bad points.

These are wonderful images. It is rare to see any pictures of Kingfishers taken from as little a 6 feet distance and it really brings out the detail and the wonderful colours. Very well done.

Ken

Odd angles??? Any angle would be good for me ... I'm with peter lol

They are really good shots that I'd certainly be proud of :clap:

Stunning detail and colour Rich, really good shots :clap::clap:
Worth all the hard work you have put into getting them.

don't get me started with kingfishers again I will be looking back at some of mine that didn t get shown if you start again:LOL:cracking shots Rich well done

;) Put em up Kaz, those three were kinda best of the worst :LOL: Maybe not technically brilliant but worth a show when things are quiet.

The KFs' colours make them wonderful photo subjects - well caught.

Somewhere hidden in the depths of TP are my log sheets when I first whent in search of the KF, and it wasnt luck :LOL: Thanks for the comment admirable (y)

Ha ha, your in a similar situation to the 'Lucky' golfer, the more he practices the luckier he gets!

I've been chasing two pairs this year but no pics yet. They are 'in the wild' so to speak no no hides etc to make use of.

Ha ha, your in a similar situation to the 'Lucky' golfer, the more he practices the luckier he gets!

I've been chasing two pairs this year but no pics yet. They are 'in the wild' so to speak no no hides etc to make use of.

:LOL: I feel for you, dont get me wrong I would love to spend some time at a lake or reserve in a hide for a few hours but being out of work still and short of dosh makes that a no go. So you gotta make the best of the situation, I came across some Dippers on one of my first ventures, and a pair of GT`s that were nesting naturally in an old rotten branch so it was worth it at the time even if I did not get any KF`s. Well hopefully then admirable we shall soon see some results from you :cautious: ;)

Back