A watchful eye on Lundy Island

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday I was watching the weather as to see if I should venture out for the day with the camera. However the showers would only let me get a few shots from outside the house.

The view is looking over to Lundy Island owned by the National Trust.

The 1st taken at 12.30
DSC_3394-Version3.jpg

The 2nd taken at the same spot but at 20.30
DSC_3421.jpg

C+C welcome

Thanks for the comments all(y)

It was amazing how quickly the weather was changing throughout the day. A time lapse would have been great to capture it.

I really like them both Devitt, I like the drama of the sky in the first image and sun breaking through the cloud bank and on the second.
(y)(y)(y)

Shutterman

Great shots - were they taken from the Woolacombe / Mortehoe area ?

Thanks Shutterman(y) The second turned out just how I wanted it to which I was pleased with.

hillwalkinggirl your right, last week we had a really clear day (cannot remember which day) but we could see Wales from here. Was amazing:love:

Stevieboy378 these were taken at the top of Westward Ho! at Dudley Way which is where I live. Thanks for your comment:)

Last edited:
A couple of excellent shots, I love the drama.

I'm even more impressed that you knew the National Trust owned Lundy, most people think it belongs to the Landmark Trust. I'm one of the NT wardens looking after the Bideford Bay stretch.

Cheers Oneten. I am pleased to hear I impressed you. I have not yet been over to Lunday but would really like to go some time soon. And working for the National Trust must be good. I hope they let you take the camera around with you!

Two very nice images with there own individual appeal

Back