A wedding picture

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
I really like the composition of this shot from a recent wedding I covered. I've not covered many this year and was enjoying the day when I pulled this one out the bag.

A little bit of photoshop to adjust the levels slightly, and then rendered the light effect.

Shot with my D200 and 50mm 1.8 wide open !

Any critiques welcome.

image1.jpg

i'm sorry, but i really dont like it.
It reminds me of the big room you can sit in at Alton Towers where the whole thing tilts and revolves. I'm also not keen on the divine light shining on the bride. It just doesnt look real.
At the end of the day, it doesnt matter what I think, if the bride likes it then its perfect :)

I only really like natural wedding photography ever since the photographer at my friends wedding took a group shot and photoshopped the bride and groom in colour, and the family in black and white. It was shot with graves in the background too and basically looked like everyone apart from the happy couple had just risen from their graves! Creepy!

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and dont take my comments personally. I know nothing about wedding photography, i just know what i like :)

A touching moment spoiled for me by the angle and PP I'm afraid.

Give me 2 whilst I find the original.

I actually like the effect, but it's a bit overdone, imo. It could look better if the light looked more natural.

Thanks,

Agree - her dress is somewhat overexposed and i've burnt out a lot of the nice detail.

I have a feeling that I'd prefer the original tbh, I feel like the bride is being made too isolated by the processing (I do however think that you have done a perfectly good job of the actual processing though) just doesn't seem to work for me in this shot.

I agree that it's a little over processed - particularly the eyes seem odd (did you whiten /lighten them a bit)?

I don't mind the angle though and I think it could be a nice image.

It's a nice effect, but not for this subject matter - weddings need to look all warm and 'fluffy' - this makes the Groom look like Captain Black of the Mysterons...

Back