A Whopper (self portrait)

Name
Alison
Edit My Images
Yes
NSFW in the Photos For Pleasure section – is this a first? :shrug:

This blister was impressive beyond belief and drew admiring gasps from all who saw it. People chased me sharp needles so that they might pop it, such was the fascination. I was tremendously proud for I am something of an attention-seeking hypochondriac/drama queen and felt that I would be depriving folk if I didn't share it here :LOL:

Check out the luminous glow on this bad boy! :cool: Feast your eyes on the glorious hugeness! :cool: :cool:

6907.jpg

Caused by a splash of boiling water when I was filling a hot water bottle the other week. I live such an exciting life – pass me the Werther’s Originals and a beige cable knit cardigan! :LOL:

6908.jpg

I actually found this a very difficult photograph to take and fully sympathise with all the left-handed togs here. I’m ambidextrous but still struggled. Cameras aren’t designed for southpaws at all :shake:

Bloody hell. Why did you not pop it?

/me hunts around for a needle.

That thing would have been gone the moment I saw it, I admire your patience! That thing is going to blow when you pop it! :eek:

pop it before you go to bed, it'll sort itself out overnight.

that's what i do :]

I always pop it as soon as it gets firm. It sorts itself out within a day or two.

No..Grow it, tender for it and feed it...lol
Thats awesome.

You could have lit it up a bit from behind for extra effect :)

We should start an injured toggers thread :)

The last time I popped one there was so much pressure it squirted all over my keyboard :(

Anyway... get it done :D

Whoa!!! That's a beastie right there!
Impressive (y) I was expecting you to say acid or something!

Yeah nice!

I have to say I didn't expect to come in and have a discussion about pus and blisters :LOL:

You shouldn't pop it, the fluid sack is your body way of protecting itself.

If you do decide to pop it make sure you wash it frequently with antiseptic, having just had an infected blister I wouldn't recommend it!

In fact, you could add some gold and turn it into a piece of bespoke jewellery, what do you think.

6907.jpg

As people have said IF you do pop it make sure you keep it sterile. I nearly died after popping several blisters on my foot and ending up in hospital for a week in HDU with septicaemia it's not nice. And the pictures are ACE!

Last edited:
I'd not be able to resist popping it or hitting it with a book.

Good luck whatever method you choose.

:cautious: ... why would this be NSFW... :shrug: ... it's not a all rude... :thinking:

So you got us all here under false pretences hey Alison... :nono:

:naughty:

Anyway, now I'm here... :wacky: ... that's certainly a corker and one to be rightly proud of imhgo... :D

So now stick it and then keep it clean until healed... ;)

08.gif

WoW, that's a corker! :eek:

Thank goodness for small mercy's though, if you lived in a hot climate the 'Blister'ing heat would make it twice the size no doubt :p

Hope your hand mends up soon :)

Go and lay it on a railway track for a train to splatter - oh and make sure to get a pic :)

If you do decide to pop it try and set your camera up to capture the erruption :LOL:
:LOL:

Aye, then stick 'the shot' it in the Macro & Close-Up section as a splog (water droplet) pic! :LOL:

That looks like another finger growing out of your finger!
At least it's on her hand, one can't imagine the result following a blister on the belly or other such body-parts :p :D

kuato-in-total-recall.jpg

Youch, may aswell stick my foot in here too.

15954_311810560251_570565251_9803357_6592744_n.jpg

My gp thought I'd broken a metatarsal so sent me to a+e, that required walking to train station, from train staiton in town to hopsital and then back again, all in severe pain. What did a+e do? "Its the two toes that are broken, we don't do anything for them, just strap them up". I could of one that without the hobbling 3 miles! :LOL:

I would of popped that straight away!

I think you should leave it and see how big it gets!!!!
It's clear fluid, so it'll be plasma or serum which are sterile.

Draw a face on it and go on adventures together! You can create a photo storyline every week!!!

I think you've missed a trick there with that blister. You should have been experimenting with high pigment foods (Curries, spinach etc) and see if you could have introduced some colour to the fluids. :LOL:

(Did I really just type that?)

If you think that made me people think it was gross. When I was in school a few years ago I had an injection, just me in my year as I missed it th year before. Anyway I had it, didn't feel a thing and walked on. One of the heads in the school walked by and stopped shocked, I go whats wrong and look at my arm. My shirt sleeve was covered in blood as it must have opened a vein and pumped it all out. So I walked around all day with my sleeve on my shirt COVERED in blood. Got a hell of a lot of gasps and people as if I was alright.

Jesus H. Christ! Thats bloody impressive! If its not gone by the 28th, Ill bloody well pop it for you :D:D

Back