A windy day at the beach

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Some pics from our visit to Cleethorpes beach with the traction kites.

This is my mate trying disparately trying to hang onto the 6m kite.

Lance-being-dragged.jpg

After he'd finally tamed it.

Lance.jpg

These last two are very soft and to my defense I didn't take them as it's me in the photos, it's just to show the power in these kites.

This is what happens when a sudden gust takes you.

Me-flying-2.jpg

And this me trying to stop the damn thing, notice the skid marks :) on the sand I mean.

Me-being-dragged-along.jpg

Does he think hes Spiderman in that 3rd shot:)

Looks like he had his hands full :puke:

Great captures nonetheless :clap:

Fit a seat where the handles are....strap a big fan and a motor on your back and you are off :)

Oh thats been done already hasn't it ;)

looks like far too much hard work for me, beaches are for walking lazily on, or laying on!

lol, I remember the days of being dragged down the beach on my face cos everyone else was on 6m kites and I tended to forget I weigh about half as much as them. Must get my kite out again soon......

Looks like great fun. I'd be too scared of being carried off in the wind and ending up further down the coast..lol. Any pictures of the actual kite?
I'm amazed to see the sea :LOL:

Here is an old pic taken with a point and shoot, but it gives you some idea of the size of the kite.

Kev-with-the-6m.jpg

Sorry to hijack, but some photo's of me parakarting on a beach in N Uist :D :D :D You'll have to excuse the carp quality but they are scans of rather naff shots taken on my mates compact! but you get the idea ;)

Scan10002.jpg

Scan10001.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Looks like big fun ... and damned hard work ... :eek:

Great timing and nice captures though ... (y)

That thing looks more like a para glider wing than a kite ... :D

Back