A worried man

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
After ordering a Fuji XT-1 with a 35mm 1.4 lens and parting with £1100 on Monday of this week I started to get nervous when the order status had not changed on the initial e-mail after 5 days (today) so I started to have a look on line to see if the company I ordered with have a good/bad reputation.

I'm now worried, I should have checked them out prior to ordering but they regularly appear during google searches alongside other like Panamoz and Hdew etc: and seem to be a genuine outfit, their name? "Valuebasket"

I did a search on here and wish I hadn't :eek: lots of bad reviews ranging from just poor or erratic service to what appears to be just blatant fraud, Fu*k how could I be so stupid, ah well nothing for it now but to wait and see what happens, I rang their UK number and got a very American accent explaining to me that the system simply had not been updated with the latest information and an apology.

A new email has now arrived saying DPD are collecting tomorrow and will be delivering next week, I even have a tracking number and an invoice.

Now I just have to sweat it out and see what next week brings.

Moral of this story is, do not try to save a few quid it's not worth the stress, buy from someone you know is reputable or thoroughly check before you commit, £1100 is not a sum I want to lose (and I might not yet)

Not somewhere I'd use, but hopefully you'll be fine. :cool:

Just hope you don't have VAT to pay (+ handling fee) to DPD.

Thanks guys, latest from DPD is that it has been collected and is in transit, part of my concern is that people nearly always complain of a bad or poor experience but hardly ever on a good one so that forums are always full of complaints and I suppose this can skew your view of a product or a company, I have read several positive posts so I can only hope that I'm one of those

You have nothing at all to be concerned about as Panamoz are in my opinion and experience the best Asian supplier out there and if you are hit by any fees they will refund without any quibble at all.......trust me, I have dealt with them for years, and if anything were to subsequently go wrong with your purchase they have an excellent after sales service.

Brief update, it would appear that DPD collected the item from Amsterdam and as of 04:30 this morning its at their depot in Exeter so all sounds good at the moment, Mal, I think it was your thread I read with the link to lots of unhappy Valuebasket customers, it was certainly in this section I think.

No longer a worried man, now a very happy man :banana: a brand spanking new as packed by Fuji, Graphite X-T1 and XF 35mm lens delivered by DPD. So well done Valuebasket, six working days from order to delivery, not too shabby.

Now to go and post a positive comment on the website that gave me so much stress (good laxative properties though)

Wonderful news!!

Thanks John, I must admit I was severely worried for a while :nailbiting:

Lol no idea how Panamoz came to mind ! Hmmm no further comment then.

Hi Mal, I have used Panamoz 2 or 3 times now and your right they have always been great, I didn't read your post with the link in it until after I had ordered and I nearly soiled myself lol, still all good now and no complaints.

I'm not surprised, I was just through telling my wife about your "fun" and it seemed so familiar - shed loads of research\saving for something, a quick check of a site (plus internet search), buy, then... I know its silly order but then check and find the whole internet is now suddenly full of "Oh, god don't buy from those thieves" and the like. Them not updating the order info just was the icing though.

Now stop reading and go out and play :D

Was it them who paid a tenner to each customer who recommended them or what it another mob?

Back