A1 GP Brands 2007 (and maybe some others)

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
Couldn't see a thread for this and really this is kind of my "hello motorsport fans!" thread :D

A couple from me then, couldnt be bothered to resize them for the gallery here, so you'll have to see them on my website...

**removed to prevent image pirates**

Tell me what you think, I can take the pain ;-)

Yes, I will take that on the nose - I love the composition but the shutter speed is too fast.

But equally, I am not a big fan of the panning shot, I'd rather have suggested action than full background motion blur

Indeed :D

Definitely slower shutter speed next time - those two are 1/500 if I remember correctly.

Bikes are more fun than cars (in every respect):

*Also chopped for the moment - back in a smaller form later :D*

(BSB Brands April 2007)

agree with the comments so far

first one - the big blackness in the foreground is too distracting, and no real sense of speed.

2nd one - better but, as said before, the angle of the shot is too much, needs to be more level. More sense of speed in this, but doesn't quite do it.

Both are sharp and focus is good..but those details dont make the photos stand out as been brilliant.

:)

I went to the a1, and most BSB events, this year.

But your shutters are fair to fast, and overly PP, they look like ther where parked to me. Which isnt my cuppa tea,

although i stuggled with too much light at the A1 having no filters for my new lens

Bikes are more fun than cars (in every respect):
No argument from me there ;)

I actually like then first car shot, the car in the background shows it's in a race but as already said it may be a bit static.

Welcome :)

Ahhh ok!

No, I rarely go OTT with my pics.

These have been unsharp masked, levels adjusted (usually the "auto" job - it only does as bad as I do by hand LOL) and thats about it.

The bike ones, the rear shot is a 100% crop, can't remember about the other one.

agree with the motion comments, not bad pictures at all, but i would recommend NOT having such large versions on the interwebnet, cos someone somewhere will steal them and either print them or sell them

I know what you mean, had they been perfect I think you might be right... but nobody would want them with the fast shutter speeds ;-)

Normally I use Flickr, but couldnt be bothered this time :D

Back