A2 Canvas delivered for under a tenner!

just working my way through this, my only concern is the final page where its asking me to pay for the £3.99 postage, its not on a secure https page, which concerns me, they say they accept Paypal but there is no Paypal option for the postage ??

I used a virtual credit card for their payment and would suggest you do the same

No sign of anything being despatched here a week after ordering

Hi Tim

new one on me :) did some searching around, found Entropay, any recommendations for a virtual credit card !!

I used a virtual credit card for their payment and would suggest you do the same

No sign of anything being despatched here a week after ordering

I think all of them are pretty much of a muchness - paypal used to do one which was excellent, but they have stopped that now

Entropay let you sign up and use a card within five minutes, just don't load more money than you need to

If you are an O2 customer then take advantage of there pre-paid credit card

Did the Entropay one, really quick and easy, you learn something new every day, Virtual Credit Cards, new one on me :)
I think all of them are pretty much of a muchness - paypal used to do one which was excellent, but they have stopped that now

Entropay let you sign up and use a card within five minutes, just don't load more money than you need to

It let me use Paypal to pay. I just clicked the radio button next to the paypal logo and it send me there after basic info on the printers site.

Yep, well my mum's got her hands on mine. She's really happy with it and already pulled the existing picture in her front room down and replaced it with the canvas. I alas won't see it until I visit her next, perhaps at the weekend. However, i did ask what the picture quality like, and as mum's would probably always say, she said it was great and liked it very much. Not a technical view, of course!

Hope you all get yours soon as they work through what sounds like a fair backlog.

Enjoy!

It let me use Paypal to pay. I just clicked the radio button next to the paypal logo and it send me there after basic info on the printers site.

Strange, there was no Paypal radio button for me, there was on the initial site where I payed my £5.99, which I did via Paypal but when I came to the Zootaga.com site to upload the picture and pay for the postage Paypal wasnt an option, no worries all done anyway, will sit and wait now :)

Strange, there was no Paypal radio button for me, there was on the initial site where I payed my £5.99, which I did via Paypal but when I came to the Zootaga.com site to upload the picture and pay for the postage Paypal wasnt an option, no worries all done anyway, will sit and wait now :)

Hmm, got me thinking now! Maybe I am confusing the two.

Good to see someone has had theirs delivered though :)

Same here, payed the initial via paypal but unable to pay for postage the same way, glad to hear that someone has received theres thou(y)

Thank you very much to the OP for posting the deal. (y)

I placed an order late last night, and to be honest didn't notice lack of HTTPS in my hurry. The PayPal logo was there but no radio button. Must pay more attention in the future.

Well the email I recieved said 4 working days from order to posted so should be on the way tomorrow.

I havent heard a peep from them since my order was confirmed :(

Still pretty early days Tom, I ordered mine last thursday and they were over 1800 orders then so I wont start getting concerned just yet :) ask me again this time next week

Just received email with tracking no advising me it is awaiting collecton by courier.
Just a little confusing as it says:

Shipping method
Next day delivery - 3-5 day courier???

they are definitely iffy - the delays to printing is fair enough - but the deal was for next day delivery - mine's been "despatched" but no tracking, no next day delivery - avoid this one if you haven't already paid.

Had the email saying its been dispatched today..
We'll see.

Yeah I got the dispatch email too. The site said the "next day - 3-5 day courier" when I ordered, which I thought a little odd.

Anyone managed to track their order yet? none of the numbers seem to work for me.

Yeah I got the dispatch email too. The site said the "next day - 3-5 day courier" when I ordered, which I thought a little odd.

Anyone managed to track their order yet? none of the numbers seem to work for me.

I havnt had any e-mail yet, just logged onto the site and it said my order is "processing" will have to wait and see

My tracking says delivery on or before the 19th, so should be here by Thursday.

Tracking no works fine for me and shows delivery on or before 19/5/10

haha got it working now...I was using the shipping # not the tracking number at the bottom!

I emailed them re the delivery and got a reply advising that deliveries temporarily changed to 3-5 days due to the large number of orders.

Just had my e-mail confirming that my order is complete and ready to be picked up by couriers for 3-5 day delivery, fingers crossed

Just had my e-mail confirming that my order is complete and ready to be picked up by couriers for 3-5 day delivery, fingers crossed

Same here, tracking states by 20th May will wait with baited breath

Seems mine has been having a bit of an adventure
2011-05-19_104035.jpg

Mine just says delivery on or before 19 May.

Well considering the response this offer is getting, I think we may have to do a discount soon too! At their price they must actually be making a loss on each canvas, and with so many orders quite a big loss! There's just no way you can make canvases that cheap.

I guess it builds a lot of new customers but surely an offer that wasn't quite so crazy would still have brought the punters in but not lost them so much money? Just can't get my head around it.

Well considering the response this offer is getting, I think we may have to do a discount soon too! At their price they must actually be making a loss on each canvas, and with so many orders quite a big loss! There's just no way you can make canvases that cheap.

I guess it builds a lot of new customers but surely an offer that wasn't quite so crazy would still have brought the punters in but not lost them so much money? Just can't get my head around it.

I've also had delivered recently a 3 foot by 2 foot acrylic print from Germany for £84 delivered. That's rather tasty, oh no that would be the black iberian ham shoulder delivered today from spain. That is tasty:)

The acrylic is good though

Good to hear that most of your orders are progressing, in one fashion or another. Yep, i think the poor little outfit probably didn't envisage the demand that the offer would create and are struggling to fulfil them in ordinary timescales.

I saw mum's canvas that got sent to her at the weekend and it's pretty decent quality, the colour reproduction if fab too - wouldn't mind getting another one if the run the same offer again!

It's ready to hang, with the string at the back already attached. I didn't want to chime in again until there was more positive news of your deliveries, as I didn't want to be the only one that took delivery and hence, to some of you, look suspicious. :(

Take it as it is, an innocent deal that I posted in the hope that those that partake enjoy* the canvas as you take delivery over the next week or so.

Cheers!

* Don't try and eat it, the inks used may cause certain ill effects.
;)

*** Zootaga Staff ***

Thank you all for discussing our offer.

I would like to add some comments on a few discussed topics highlighted in the previous posts.

Delivery - Our delivery service is still next day courier, however we changed the timescale on the site to 3-5 day so we can be realistic about our timescales. Orders currently being placed will be despatched within 4 days providing there are no issues with the image (naturally we've received 300 or so images taken directly from Facebook, yep 25kb)

Secure Site - We use a third party company to complete our site build and we were assured our site was 100% safe, it appears several users have advised us it's not and our developers have advised it is but will ensure it is HTTPS by the end of next week. Paypal is only active if the product value is above £0.01 so with the coupon the option dissapears, this we are also working on.

Yodel - Yodel is the new name of DHL and Home Delivery Network who have merged, for some strange reason (which we moan daily about) every single shipment says sent to the incorrect depot, this is out of our control and is down to their systems as part of the merger.

Price - We are agressive on pricing and will continue to be agressive, we offer very healthy trade discounts to photographers, galleries etc which are available upon request

When will I get my order? - We're shipping 400-500 per day, we have taken 6,000 orders in 7 days as a result of the offer (5-6 times more than normal), we have removed all other products from our site until we have completed the backlog. If your order starts with a 1 then it will be despatched this week, if it starts with a 2 or an A then it will be despatched Monday (we're working all weekend).

We did anticipate a large number of orders from the offer but didn't expect the number of additional orders it's generated, even our ebay and amazon shops have tripled in sales. We have 16 Epson 7900 and 9900 printers working faster than our staff and machinery can put them together.

My apologies for the delay in shipping any orders, we will be offering some coupons via email in the coming weeks as a thank you for your patience.

Should you have any issues or concerns please do get in touch with us at contactus@zootaga.com

Tom Stevens
Operations Director
Zootaga.com

Last edited:
So what about mine that starts with an 8 and I was told to expect delivery today, but according to the courier who on the telephone advised it hasn't even been collected yet.

I've emailed you a screenshot of my tracking that looks nothing like the one above.

Last edited:
So what about mine that starts with an 8 and I was told to expect delivery today, but according to the courier who on the telephone advised it hasn't even been collected yet.

I've emailed you a screenshot of my tracking that looks nothing like the one above.

Hi, All order numbers start with either 1, 2, A, L, TR, WH. If your order was placed direct with a KGB voucher then it will either have a 1 or 2 followed by several 0000 and then 3 or 4 digits.

If your order has not been despatched and is urgent please contact us via email and we'll respond within an hour (between 8am to 5pm).

Orders can be tracked with the tracking reference supplied at myyodel.co.uk

Thanks

Tom

Mine says due for delivery on or before the 19th. No sign of it yet, so lucky I didnt stay in all day waiting for it.
Order number starts with a 1, so guess I should expect it soon?

*** Zootaga Staff ***

Thank you all for discussing our offer.

I would like to add some comments on a few discussed topics highlighted in the previous posts.

Delivery - Our delivery service is still next day courier, however we changed the timescale on the site to 3-5 day so we can be realistic about our timescales. Orders currently being placed will be despatched within 4 days providing there are no issues with the image (naturally we've received 300 or so images taken directly from Facebook, yep 25kb)

Secure Site - We use a third party company to complete our site build and we were assured our site was 100% safe, it appears several users have advised us it's not and our developers have advised it is but will ensure it is HTTPS by the end of next week. Paypal is only active if the product value is above £0.01 so with the coupon the option dissapears, this we are also working on.

Yodel - Yodel is the new name of DHL and Home Delivery Network who have merged, for some strange reason (which we moan daily about) every single shipment says sent to the incorrect depot, this is out of our control and is down to their systems as part of the merger.

Price - We are agressive on pricing and will continue to be agressive, we offer very healthy trade discounts to photographers, galleries etc which are available upon request

When will I get my order? - We're shipping 400-500 per day, we have taken 6,000 orders in 7 days as a result of the offer (5-6 times more than normal), we have removed all other products from our site until we have completed the backlog. If your order starts with a 1 then it will be despatched this week, if it starts with a 2 or an A then it will be despatched Monday (we're working all weekend).

We did anticipate a large number of orders from the offer but didn't expect the number of additional orders it's generated, even our ebay and amazon shops have tripled in sales. We have 16 Epson 7900 and 9900 printers working faster than our staff and machinery can put them together.

My apologies for the delay in shipping any orders, we will be offering some coupons via email in the coming weeks as a thank you for your patience.

Should you have any issues or concerns please do get in touch with us at contactus@zootaga.com

Tom Stevens
Operations Director
Zootaga.com

Thanks for taking the time to post on here :)

I wont hold my breath for mine to be delivered today now I know it is DHL (they have claimed in the past my village is "remote"...it's 8 miles from their depot!).

I am guessing the "incorrect depot" thing is just their way of sorting if it can be sent out for delivery straight from the collection depot, when it can't it is classed as being in the wrong one, so moved to the correct one...doesn't look too clever on the tracking, but I guess makes sense.

Back