A3 & A3+ Photo Paper

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi all probably been asked loads of times before, ive just bought an A3 printer, can anyone recommend a supplier for photo paper(A3) matt and gloss?

Ive tried some paper from a local store(A3 matt coated inkjet paper) and the results were poor,

Cheers(y)

Ultimate depends on the surface and price you want to pay. To start with ilford smooth gloss and pearl are good papers. Innova, epson, ilford all do a range of fibre based papers.

You can get test packs from ilford, innova, permajet, fotospeed, hahnemuhle.

I would second the ilford smooth gloss it has a good weight to it and is ideal for your printer.
For a better quality paper again look at Innova Fibaprint for gloss papers or the fine art paper for cotton rag. I use smooth cotton high white and like the finish.
You can buy fron Wayne on Ebay really,nice guy to deal with.....he is normally found on the Innova stand at Focus on Imaging
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/fineart-fo...?_fsub=2&_sid=583499161&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
In fact if you contact him via one of his sales and ask a question he may send you a test pack free

Dave

Last edited:
Cheers for the replys, will take a look at the papers posted above(y)

You say results were poor? Probably because you don't have the appropriate custom profiles.

I likie Ilford paper but do my own profiling.

Fotospeed and Permajet both have some cracking papers and reasonably priced. they will provide a custom profile for each of their papers which will really help you get the best results. A calibrated monitor too will help.

I have a Canon iX 4000 A3+ printer and mainly use Ilford Galerie papers in it (and always use genuine inks after a bad experience with cheapo crappo ink...). They give me results that I'm very happy with, on a par with genuine Canon papers of the same finish at a cheaper price.

I get the papers from Premier Ink (as well as inks) who often have special offers on papers. 7dayshop are also fairly well priced but I have had a couple of packs with dented corners from them.

You say results were poor? Probably because you don't have the appropriate custom profiles.

I likie Ilford paper but do my own profiling.

Fotospeed and Permajet both have some cracking papers and reasonably priced. they will provide a custom profile for each of their papers which will really help you get the best results. A calibrated monitor too will help.

Hi jim i would say the poor results were down to the paper quality, but your right i didnt mess about with the profiles either, ive spoken to Wayne as suggested by Dave he is going to send me a sample pack i have also read some good reviews about the Ilfold paper also so might get some of that to try, can you recommend a not to expensive calibration tool?

Cheers

Lee

I have a Canon iX 4000 A3+ printer and mainly use Ilford Galerie papers in it (and always use genuine inks after a bad experience with cheapo crappo ink...). They give me results that I'm very happy with, on a par with genuine Canon papers of the same finish at a cheaper price.

I get the papers from Premier Ink (as well as inks) who often have special offers on papers. 7dayshop are also fairly well priced but I have had a couple of packs with dented corners from them.

Cheers for the reply i was also looking on premier ink for the Ilford paper(y)

Hi jim i would say the poor results were down to the paper quality, but your right i didnt mess about with the profiles either, ive spoken to Wayne as suggested by Dave he is going to send me a sample pack i have also read some good reviews about the Ilfold paper also so might get some of that to try, can you recommend a not to expensive calibration tool?

Cheers

Lee

The Colourmunki Photo will calibrate both your monitor and produce ICC profiles for use with different papers.

If you get a sample pack you need the various profiles for each paper. And you use original inks the Ilford papers are really good. If you use a CIS you'll again need custom profiles for each paper to get the best from it.

Back