A380 departing Manchester

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
was working outside in the company car park with camera nearby, and caught this monster taking off.
The thing i find most amazing about this aircraft is how quiet it is on take off, you hardly hear a thing, and when you see how large it is you do a double take not believing what you're seeing/hearing!
Posting hear as it's not the greatest shot as i didn't have time to set up properly;

8227967326_144c53e983_c.jpg
[/url] IMG_1248c.jpg by Carlos575, on Flickr[/IMG]

The joys of modern high bypass turbofan engines! I was at MAN yesterday when the EK A380 came in and even after all the times I've shot these beasts I'm still amazed at how quiet they are. Only having reverse thrust on 2 engines does help make them quieter on landing though!

This is gorgeous.. what a majestic plane. Would love to fly 1st class... one day!

I honestly cannot (still) get over the size of this machine and just how capable it is. I'm still yet to fly on one but it's on the bucket list so I'll do it before I peg it! :)

Great shot, I took one of a jet passing overhead and didn't realise it was an Emirates jet until I put it on the computer. My reading isn't too good at 30,000 feet though.

Sorry to hijack but if you like heavy metal, Here's one out of HKIA a couple of months ago,

First attempt at taking a shot like this with a 55-250 canon lens

SIAA380.jpg

And my personal fav' (aircraft that is), queen of the skies, the new Cargolux 747-800
Cargolux747800Close.jpg

I live below the Heathrow flypath and there are a significant number of flights with the A380. Non-locals look up and watch the A320s/A330/A340, and Boeings fly over, I look at my watch and if it's summer and early evening I'll tell people to hang on for the Singapore and then Emirates to come in, and they'll just stand there in awe...

If I can get myself organised I'll post a photo of QTR075 coming in - it's the first Dreamliner flight from Doha by Qatar Airways - the -800 looks quite squat from directly below.

was working outside in the company car park with camera nearby, and caught this monster taking off.
The thing i find most amazing about this aircraft is how quiet it is on take off, you hardly hear a thing, and when you see how large it is you do a double take not believing what you're seeing/hearing!
Posting hear as it's not the greatest shot as i didn't have time to set up properly;

8227967326_144c53e983_c.jpg
[/url] IMG_1248c.jpg by Carlos575, on Flickr[/IMG]

An excellent picture for a 'quick, grab my camera shot' (y)

You may not know but this is an A380-800, and is the shortest version that Airbus will produce. There is likely to be a -900 and -1000 version to come, which will be longer, and make this beauty even bigger! :cool:

Back