A380.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
These bad boys returned to Glasgow airport just last week. They've been landing mainly on runway 23 but due to a wind direction change, planes are landing on 05 today. I tracked this from over Belgium, it flew straight over the house. I took this at the back door.

I'd hoped for a bit more head on but it was cloudy, I got this just as it popped out of the cloud.

Bit of a fight with the whites but got a decent one at last. Taken at 260mm on an R7, so it's pretty low.IMGL0254-DeNoiseAI-standard LR CS6 JP tp.jpg

Airbus A380, Reg:- A6-EDU.

They fly over us too.
Usually in the evening to either Dubai or Singapore.
Nice clear shot. Jealous of the blue sky (it's rained all morning here).

They fly over us too.
Usually in the evening to either Dubai or Singapore.
Nice clear shot. Jealous of the blue sky (it's rained all morning here).

Thanks.(y)

It's quite a nice day but don't let that bit of blue deceive you. :LOL:

I saw it parked up at GLA on the way back home from the M8. They've been running the 777-200 for ages on that GLA-DXB route

Yes, the triples also flew over here, either on approach or on the way out. They had quite a unique sound, I can tell a triple7 a mile off.

Great shot.
Awesome plane. Flew on one in 2017 to Sydney....

Cheers Bob.

Didn't know you'd been on one.

One lives under the Heathrow approach - just the moment the undercarriage comes down. I enjoy watching them.... Rarely take photos of them, I do miss the 747s.

I flew from LAX on BA's 380 in 2014. We booked our seats on the top deck only to discover OH's seat was wet. Got upgraded to Club World. I WAS HAPPY. Was on G-XLEA.

One lives under the Heathrow approach - just the moment the undercarriage comes down. I enjoy watching them.... Rarely take photos of them, I do miss the 747s.

I flew from LAX on BA's 380 in 2014. We booked our seats on the top deck only to discover OH's seat was wet. Got upgraded to Club World. I WAS HAPPY. Was on G-XLEA.

I quite often watch BigJet TV, that Jerry guy. He gets some good vantage points and on the windy days, he's under the approach flightpath, when they land on that runway.

I remember back in the day, my sister used to live in Clapham and I'd often spend the school holidays there. Concorde was a treat to watch going over at take off.

Last edited:
There are a number of locations not far from Hatton Cross Station along the Great West Road a lot of photographers/filmmakers use for recording arrivals just before touchdown, I live near Kew Gardens which is quiet for half a day when it's not easterlies..

Looks like it hasn't used the hose properly...

Back