A4 Photo Frames

Name
T
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

can you guys please let me where is the best place to A3, and A4 black or wood effect photo picture frames.
I have an exhibition coming up soon and I would like to have some frames for A4 prints. I would like frames that can take a A4 print, plus inner mount, so the frame will have to slightly bigger than A4 !

Also is there any hack for mounting mirror wall bracket's to A4 clip frames ! ?

Any suggestions please ?

many thanks

T

Last edited:
IKEA?

PS is the exhibition just to display or for viewers to buy them? If the latter I used IKEA Ribba frames.....though latterly tried bespoke made ones.

IKEA moved to plastic instead of glass for many of their frames. :-(

The Range are good value.
A good point, their glazing I learned went from glass to styrene not acrylic :(

That was one reason I went to custom made where though plastic they are Acrylic glazed and the makers basic version does offer a level UV blocking....with higher cost options of both Anti-reflection and IIRC one grade that has a higher UV resistance.

Matalan A4 are still glass fronted, however the wood frame is now more plastic.
Dunelm frames are glass fronted but a very poor plastic surround. their 70x50 frame is not glass, smaller are.
Ikea are no longer glass and have a plastic/wood composite

A good point, their glazing I learned went from glass to styrene not acrylic :(

That was one reason I went to custom made where though plastic they are Acrylic glazed and the makers basic version does offer a level UV blocking....with higher cost options of both Anti-reflection and IIRC one grade that has a higher UV resistance.
I am not about plastic front as glass has a very clean look about it !

The Range
There is no Range in my town yet, however one is coming next year ! !

@Tysonator

A few points to consider:-
You mentioned an exhibition..........who is covering the PLI aspect? The venue will likely have their own but are they covering you personally for any accidents with your exhibited works?

Why do I mention that, well though one would surmise very unlikely, is what would happen if one of your pictures was knocked off of its hanging and hits the floor and the glass in the frame smashes causing an injury. Now, any insurance is there to mitigate for the potentially possible no matter how unlikely.

For the exhibitions I do, the organiser/curator used cover everything with her PLI but the costs were rising and now all exhibitors require their own PLI.

This is one reason to be wary of glass, especially 3mm thick float glass found in budget frames. NB I understand that 3mm glass was/is commonplace but higher quality glass is thicker e.g. museum grade anti-reflective glass.

Asda has a set of three A3 frames in Black that house A3 size without the mount and A4 with the mount. £15.00 for the set.

If you find a frame you like as it has certain inserts - some from the range are like this, but don't come in the appropriate colour you could always buy some DC-Fix vinyl wrap and wrap it also - depending if you want to spend some time doing that as it can be quite fiddly on a frame to do!

FWIW I bought some frames in the Range a while back. There was a disclaimer about frames that went along the lines of - check it for damage as we don't refund if you find it later.
To my irritation one of the frames had a scratch UNDER the cardboard corner protectors - so from the factory - but invisible in the shrink wrap. I was able to put marker over it and it wasn't too bad but I was irritated. So check anything you buy carefully!

@Tysonator

A few points to consider:-
You mentioned an exhibition..........who is covering the PLI aspect? The venue will likely have their own but are they covering you personally for any accidents with your exhibited works?

Why do I mention that, well though one would surmise very unlikely, is what would happen if one of your pictures was knocked off of its hanging and hits the floor and the glass in the frame smashes causing an injury. Now, any insurance is there to mitigate for the potentially possible no matter how unlikely.

For the exhibitions I do, the organiser/curator used cover everything with her PLI but the costs were rising and now all exhibitors require their own PLI.

This is one reason to be wary of glass, especially 3mm thick float glass found in budget frames. NB I understand that 3mm glass was/is commonplace but higher quality glass is thicker e.g. museum grade anti-reflective glass.

Good point I will ask about the PLI

Last edited:
As best I can tell, A3 and A4 is a paper size that different size photo's could be printed on. I think A3 was or is something like 13x19. Let's see you could print everything from 4x6 to 13x19 on it and I also do several different non standard sizes, ie 6x12, 6x18, 9 1/2x19 ect. What is the actual size of the photo's you want framed?

Back