A4 Printer recommendatiosn please

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
My old Canon Pixma 4600 has inexplicably gone wrong, won't turn on after working fine yesterday, not the lead so guess its the power adapter module

Anyway I digress, need recommendations please for a new A4 printer, doesn't need to be all in one or wireless, main criteria is under 100 quid and capable of decent A4 prints

Only one I have looked at was the Pixma ip7250, looks ok, but other suggestions gratefully received, not worried about make either

Thanks
Rich

I,ve been looking for a new printer for the last month or so, my Kodak just doesn't do good photos, looking at reviews for canon and Epsom, and Epsom seem to have trouble with heads drying out, maybe someone can comment, so short listed the canon mg7150 because it takes an additional grey ink for mono, or the mg6450, which doesn't take a grey ink. Still not 100% on what model or make though! it's something you can't walk into a shop with a couple of images to print and compare. Maybe we can stir some one into commenting.

In my experience, print heads blocking are often a result of turning the power off at the wall, rather than using the button on the printer (so it can clean the ink out of the print head before it powers down). I went through a series of (thankfully cheap) Epson printers before I discovered this!

Whether getting Canon or Epson I'd buy on ink price and features - print quality is excellent on both these companies printers, and they tend to use the same tech throughout their range, but if wanting the very best print quality, number of ink cartridges is a good indicator - the more the better.

I have a Canon MG 5250, which runs on 5 inks, and a 6350 which has an extra grey. The former is excellent for colour but tends to have a colour cast on black and white. The latter appears to be an inferior printer in terms of build and general functionality, but the black and white is slightly better. I've heard (but have no direct experience) that the Epsons are better than Canon for black and white.

Back