A6000??

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello I'm trying to get to grips with this camera, are there any good manuals to learn more about it? Also I don't seem to be able to connect it to my iPhone to transferr pictures, what's the best way to do this? I've tried using Play Memory's but it asks for a QR code! Where do I find this? Any help appreciated

Hello I'm trying to get to grips with this camera, are there any good manuals to learn more about it? Also I don't seem to be able to connect it to my iPhone to transferr pictures, what's the best way to do this? I've tried using Play Memory's but it asks for a QR code! Where do I find this? Any help appreciated

if memory serves i would open the settings screen on iPhone, go to wifi, then turn on camera and try to transfer. the camera should then give a signal to the phone, select that sony wifi and enter the password that the camera gives.

Gary Friedman makes excellent guides for the Sony lineup, I bought one for my RX100 a few years ago... http://www.friedmanarchives.com/alpha6000/

Simon

if memory serves i would open the settings screen on iPhone, go to wifi, then turn on camera and try to transfer. the camera should then give a signal to the phone, select that sony wifi and enter the password that the camera gives.

Mmmm!! I've tried this and it just says connecting on camera but nothing else ever happens! Will persevere thanks!

Mmmm!! I've tried this and it just says connecting on camera but nothing else ever happens! Will persevere thanks!

Sorry I don't have the camera anymore so can't try.
Post in the a7 thread - I'm pretty sure people there own a6000's and it's quite and active thread. I'm sure he process for transferring to phone will be the same on an a7 as is on a6000

I use the play memories app. As above, open settings on your iPhone and go to wifi. Then, on the camera press play to view an image then press FN to bring up the transfer menu. Pick an option (eg "Send this image") the you'll see a wifi ssid and password on the screen of the camera. Go back to your phone and join the ssid with the password. Once it's connected, open the Play Memories app on your phone and image will transfer. Once you've joined once, you just need to set the camera to send the image then joining the wifi ssid will be automatic if you don't have any other known wifi ssids in range.

I've found the Sony wifi implementation to be awful, both on my RX100 and A6000. They have a lot to learn from Fuji, Canon and Panasonic.
In terms of a book, the online Sony manual is pretty comprehensive and all I've needed.

I use the play memories app. As above, open settings on your iPhone and go to wifi. Then, on the camera press play to view an image then press FN to bring up the transfer menu. Pick an option (eg "Send this image") the you'll see a wifi ssid and password on the screen of the camera. Go back to your phone and join the ssid with the password. Once it's connected, open the Play Memories app on your phone and image will transfer. Once you've joined once, you just need to set the camera to send the image then joining the wifi ssid will be automatic if you don't have any other known wifi ssids in range.

What Steve says. It's really easy to operate and quick to transfer.

In contrast, it took about a week of trying to set up before I could get it to work. There's another Sony app called Play Memories Online which is their iCloud equivalent - don't use this one!

Back