a6400 tracking issues

Name
Sheppy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I was taking some pictures of my son today using my a6400 with the Sigma 56mm attached. I was using AF-C with tracking medium set and then all of a sudden the camera started locking on to some trees in the distance in the top left corner of the frame. I tried to reset the focus by releasing the shutter button and reapplying but it remained locked on the same position. I pressed the middle button on the back of the camera to reset it but the same happened. It has done it once before several weeks ago but I didn't think much of it.

Anyone else had similar problems? Could there be some settings interfering with each other?

The Sony's can be a pain if they lock on to the background. If there isn't a technical issue you normally have to point the focus point on something in the middle or near distance then start to focus again. If you are shooting a perched bird and it locks to teh background I usually have to tilt the camera down and then set focus again. I have 3 different Sony body including an A1 and have also used another Sony body and they have all done it.

Ahh ok cheers glad it's not just me. Guess that's the downside to the tracking it was like glued to that tree.

Thanks I have seen him before and subscribed to the channel. Watched a good video from him on why it's best not to get used to back button focusing. I will have to make a point of going through his videos as I haven't seen that one. Thanks.

Thanks I have seen him before and subscribed to the channel. Watched a good video from him on why it's best not to get used to back button focusing. I will have to make a point of going through his videos as I haven't seen that one. Thanks.
That video is just 13 mins long, he has another on focusing which is 1.5 hours- not watched that

Back