1. EDIflyer

EDIflyer

Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi folks

Would appreciate some thoughts. Am going to get the A7 III (have already bought the 24-105mm when there was a £50 off eBay deal!) but trying to work out best place to purchase from.

I'm currently going between three choices:

Amazon.co.uk - £1,849 (although with Amex Offers at Morrisons could effectively get that down to £1,664 via 10% off gift cards!) - however only standard 1y manufacturer warranty with this. Does anyone know if it is possible to by a '+2 year warranty' card from the likes of Wex and activate it on this? (https://www.wexphotovideo.com/sony-2-year-extended-warranty-rx-and-alpha-body-1582306/) - would be an extra £39.99

Wex - £1,849 (£1,812 after Quidco cashback) - comes with 1y warranty extension included, also interested in the 30% off deal on the Manfrotto Be Free Advanced Alpha, which doesn't seem to be discount elsewhere.

Panamoz - £1,680 - grey market but 3y warranty that seems to get a good name. I'm still not clear what else I'd be losing out with by going down this route? No cashback deals, etc. just now anyway from Sony so doesn't matter not being eligible for them.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice!

2. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
  3. MartinH32

MartinH32

Name:
    Martin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I get all my kit from Panamoz. Yes you'll loose the Sony warranty but Panamoz provide a three year uk warranty anyway.

4. trevorbray

trevorbray

Name:
    Trevor
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    This

5. mjScall

mjScall

Name:
    Matt
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yep do Panamoz

I paid a bit more to get a UK based supplier as they had a sale on with the kit lens and I wanted next day....it's taken 6 days so far and hasn't arrived

Last time I used Panamoz it was 3 days

6. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The only downside to purchasing from Panamoz will be that you won’t be able to register for Sony professional support if that is an issue for you.

Other than that the 3 year warranty included is great. The other popular grey market option would be efinity who are cheaper but only offer a 1 year warranty. Delivery is also slower than panamoz.

7. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
  8. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    They don’t sell Sony or Nikon any more.

They only sell Canon and Olympus seem to be concentrating on other electronic equipment these days like iPads etc.

SsSsSsSsSnake likes this.
  9. rob-nikon

rob-nikon

Name:
    Rob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I’m new to Sony’s so can answer the warranty question as Sony’s extended warranties just confused me!

Regarding which is best it probably depends on if you are happy buying grey and happy with what that means (only you can decide that one). There is info in the link below for TPs grey import info:

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...rey-imports-and-other-assorted-topics.512133/

Plenty of people on here recommend the likes of panamoz and are happy with their service. Their prices are usually lower than UK prices. It’s worth comparing like you have as it’s not always the case. I recently purchase the Sony 24-105 f4 and 70-200 f4, it worked out to be £432 cheaper from WEX with their cyber Monday discount and Sony cash-back than panamoz’s price. even without the discount and cashback WEX would still have been about £150 cheaper so grey isn’t always cheaper (although most of the time it is).

10. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Panamoz are not good on lenses, bodies yes, lenses no in my experience.

11. rob-nikon

rob-nikon

Name:
    Rob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That does seem to be the case, it looks like it’s s little hit and miss on lenses. Their price for the 100-400 is £580 cheaper than WEX so it does seem to depend on what lens it is.

12. EDIflyer

EDIflyer

Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks for all the replies so far folks. Panamoz definitely get a good name. 10% off Amazon via Amex/Morrisons is helping that side, they've also got a combo with a Manfrotto Befree Advance Nerissimo that is nice and saves another £45. Have also heard decent things about Amazon 2y mech breakdown/accidental damage cover.

13. macvisual

macvisual

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Yes.......Panamoz

14. dcash29

dcash29

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Wex as I like to see what i'm buying before I pay for it

15. Caerus

Caerus

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I always use e-infin if they have it or panamoz if they dont

16. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    How about John Lewis £1849 and comes with two year warranty as standard.

17. EDIflyer

EDIflyer

Edit My Images:
    No
    Interesting - they seem to have just dropped their price recently.

Unfortunately I'd already gone on the gift card run to Morrison's earlier today! So have ended up going to Amazon for A7 III body + Manfrotto Befree Nerissimo + 2yr Accidental Damage/Breakdown for £2034.71, which cost me £1,831.24 after the Amex promo - not a bad deal for what seems to be a very decent tripod that doesn't appear to be discounted elsewhere (£175 everywhere I've seen it).

mike_6480 likes this.
  18. MartinH32

MartinH32

Name:
    Martin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Not any more but I managed it. I purchased two A9's in August last year and got them registered before the change came in.
    I've just ordered a new lens from Panamoz. Ordered yesterday, Fedex email to say it will be with me on Monday :)

19. MartinH32

MartinH32

Name:
    Martin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I've just purchased a Sigma ART 135mm from Panamoz. Saved £200 on the cost over here. It's not a great deal, but for waiting for four days for delivery it's worth it.
    Having sent something back to Panamoz in the past I can confirm it's no harder than here in the UK!

20. JJ!

JJ!

Edit My Images:
    No
    Panamoz.

Have bought plenty and returned too.