A7Street - B+W People

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
Just wanted to say that while they're all good (as far as I'm concerned anyway), that first one is outstanding. Nicely done

Great set of images Dan, with some really nice punchy B&W conversions. #1 & #4 are the standouts for me.(y)

George.

love them - the mean streets of Guildford ?

No one going to say WHY they like No.1?

Pretty useless as crit just to say you like it.

I would have but since he said he was just sharing them and not asking for a crit I thought it not the done thing tbh.

If you want one on why I like boy lighting fag though it's the tonal range, it's huge, shadows cast give it real depth that really make mono's look epic imo, not a very cluttered image so giving good a good draw in to the subject :)

No one going to say WHY they like No.1?

Pretty useless as crit just to say you like it.

Ok, I'll have a go

I want to know who she's looking at
I want to know why
I'm wondering what someone's said or done to attract her attention

Basically, it makes me want to know more than is just in the photo and that, to me anyway, defines a good 'street' photo.

Some may think that the back of the head of the person front left spoils it but I don't, makes me feel that it was shot in a busy and crowded place and gives an added context.

I also really like number 1.

Due to lack of other cup/plate on her table, it leads me to believe she is on her own, which is helped by the way that she is isolated by use of the shalow DOF. She (IMO) is people watching and being watched herself, which I like, and it also seems to me that whatever/whoever it is she is looking at, she is doing so with a certain level of disdain. Regardless of the actual facts surrounding the shot, you can look at it and make up a story about her (y)

I want to know what she's thinking. She looks like she might be thinking something she shouldn't or texting somebody she shouldn't. The picture grabs my attention because of the expression and use of DOF. I like it a lot because it makes me think and provokes curiosity and emotion.

I love shots that tell a story - it doesn't matter what the story is... we can only guess, but it elevates photography from record keeping into art. Nos. 1 and 3 stand out for me.

Back