1. gman

gman

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Can anyone recommend a good battery charger for NiMH AA batteries? I'd like one which can take eight batteries but four is ok if it's an awesome charger.

Ideally it would have the following:
    • Decent charge speeds
    • Battery capacity as a percentage
    • Properly powers down once 100% charge is reached (my current chargers stop charging but the plugs stay rather hot)

I quite like the look of the Youshiko YC5000 as it claims to have intelligent functions but I've never heard of them and it's only a four slot charger. It also looks rather similar to the 7 Day Shop DS-SC1000 at almost half the price?

The Golisi S4 also looks pretty good?

Also, is the battery refresh a good feature or just a gimmick? It is NiMH batteries which I'm charging.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. Retune

Retune

Edit My Images:
    No
  3. Giblets

Giblets

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I also have the 7dayshop model linked to by Retune. It does a good job and the 'refresh' function has returned some of my older batteries to use. However it does take quite a long time to run through that setting so don't expect it to be a quick charger in that mode. Also different capacities can be charged at the same time.

4. gman

gman

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Cheers, ended up getting the Golisi S4. Seems pretty good so far.