aaarrrrrggggghhhhhh

Edit My Images
No
Going to scream...scream I tell you!!!

Autopano pro just finished doing a 33 image stitch in smartblend mode. It took 7 hours, which is bad enough (due to smart blend) but now when I try and open the image I get that 'cannot parse jpeg' error message and PS won't open it. I know I should have saved as a TIFF to start with but I only wanted to do a 'quick' test of the shot and left it going whilst I went out.

The jpeg was 260mb so god knows how big the TIFF is going to be and how long that's going to take to render!

Sorry, had to vent... :bang:

Tiff probably won't take any longer than the jpeg. What res is the final image? I suspect it's a memory issue that's causing the problem. Try creating a blank image in PS the same resolution, save it as a jpeg and see if you get the same error.

Damn I should have tried that but I've already set another render off! The final image was 43,000 x 24,000 but I have reduced the final output size by 30% with this second one so it is 30,000 by something (forget what now) so hopefully this new one will have better luck..!!

The first image was 2.8gb, the new one will be around 1.3gb in terms of uncompressed memory when loaded.

Some apps have an upper limit of 32,768px for image size so that might have been the problem with the first one. 30,000x16,000 (approx) might fair better (y)

In CS3 when handling large (20000 pixels plus) images I sometime get a "scratch disk" error. Could be storage related but I would go with pxl8 and check out RAM/Processor handling and then image size restrictions of the software.

Also, why don't you use the stitching facility in Photoshop??? I use it to stitch 35-image pano's and have not had a problem so far, providing I close the memory thirsty GIS and Windfarm applications.

well get it sorted and post that badboy up :D

33 image stitch?! Goodness.

Look forward to seeing that when it's done.

When I have a large number of images to stich, I find it is better to do them in say batches of 5 images and then again using the smaller number of images you created by doing the batches. Hope that makes sense:thinking:

Final image here :)

Got it sorted in the end and it seemed to render much quicker the second time, I think it just had a bit of a funny moment doing the first render.

I use autopano pro, I find it to be better than any of the other programmes out there, even photoshop. Photoshop is ok but I've found sometimes the stitch isn't perfect in places and whenver I had that, AP pro did it first time. Also, smartblend on AP pro just cannot be beat!

Goodness me thats very good indeed. The most I've ever stitched is 5, lightweight thats me.

Andy

Back