Abandoned Factory

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Some shots from this weekend. Read about this place online and fancied taking a look myself. This is the second "urbex" type shoot I have done. Good fun, and interesting to see some of the kit still in place in the factory. A common site in my day job, as I work in industrial automation, but definitely a different experience in this place!

DSC_6088-Edit by Phil Scott, on Flickr

DSC_6089 by Phil Scott, on Flickr

DSC_6090-Edit by Phil Scott, on Flickr

DSC_6101-Edit by Phil Scott, on Flickr

DSC_6102-Edit by Phil Scott, on Flickr

DSC_6128-Edit by Phil Scott, on Flickr

DSC_6137-Edit by Phil Scott, on Flickr

DSC_6173-Edit by Phil Scott, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

P.S. I have just created a website that is in my signature below (www.philscottphoto.co.uk). Although it is live, I am still working on finalising the design etc and not yet actively promoting it. If anyone would care to visit and provide any feedback, it would be much appreciated. I assume I am allowed to link to my site here, but if not will remove the link. Cheers

Nice shots, love places like that, I can't believe that vice is still there, just goes to show people don't know what they're worth, a vice half as good as that one is 600 to 800 quid and they're not as well built, you just can't buy that quality anymore.

Andy.

Great shots love what little Urbex I've done. Was it hard to get into or relatively easy?

Nice shots, love places like that, I can't believe that vice is still there, just goes to show people don't know what they're worth, a vice half as good as that one is 600 to 800 quid and they're not as well built, you just can't buy that quality anymore.

Andy.

Check out the set on Flickr - it really is surprising the amount of stuff that has been left there. The vice was in the workshop along with a milling machine etc. Then out on the factory floor there was still a lot of automation kit in the panels - almost as if they just shut up shop one day and that was it!

Great shots love what little Urbex I've done. Was it hard to get into or relatively easy?

I would say relatively easy, it was open access. I would never break in to any where so will only go in if there is an open route. It helped that as we turned up we bumped in to 2 other explorers on their way out so could see how to get in. The route we took seems to be the only way in - we had a good look round the site and it seems security have done a good job of patching up old access points.

Nice set - maybe make them a bit more 'gritty' in PP (?)

I'm not so sure, the whole point of this type of photography is to show the location not try to be arty with pp, the first shot stands out to me ,the rest of the stuff (heavy equipment etc) would take a lot of effort to move but a clipboard with paperwork still on it is pretty haunting ,like the Mary Celeste .

Andy.

Love no 4 - I'd love to see it in B&W and possibly HDR!

Hats off, as I'd never have the guts to go somewhere like this :)

I really like these I found them very atmospheric. Love the detail, well done.

Andy.

Was thinking exactly the same. I want that for my garage!

Great set and utterly fascinating. I'm particularly keen on the lone safety shoe shot. Seems to really tell a story.

I like the shot of the clipboard, really looks as if some sort of armageddon happened and everybody just dissapeared.

I love urbex - both doing it occasionally and also seeing images taken by others. This is a very nice set and for me the processing is spot-on. Great textures and colours.

Interesting set, really does look like time ended! :)

Lovely set- particularly like the clipboard and shoe image where there must be a story in there somewhere

Andy.

I hear a lot of people say that about modern day vices. Can you explain? What is it about the modern day ones that lack quality? I'm not disputing it, I've heard this before from different people. I gather some older Record vices can be worth a little bit. The funny thing is, you tend to see them on ebay from garage/workshop clear outs for a pittance. I guess they are only worth what someone deems them to be worth, and often it's hardly anything. Sorry for going off topic.

The pics are good. I really want to try going to a place like that somewhere locally.

Thank you for all the comments.

Next week I am heading to the Scottish Highlands to do the North Coast 500 route and lots of landscape photography, but when I get back I will have to try and find some more locations like this.

There is another large derelict factory in Shoreham that will probably be demolished soon so might have to try there before it is too late.

Brilliant set. Creepy as well aren't they. Like you mentioned, it's literally like they have just closed instantly and everyone left. It's how I would imagine finding a factory in many of the video games I play following nuclear war (geek alert - Fallout).

Next week I am heading to the Scottish Highlands to do the North Coast 500

Be sure to go to Applecross, great scenery, great little village and the local shopkeeper is a good laugh, I did the west coast a few years ago and we wild camped, i'd strongly recommend taking a full jerry can in your boot, quite easy to get caught out with an empty tank....oh and an in car adaptor that charges your cam battery ,you'll need that!.

Good hunting.

P.S Smoo cave in Durness is a must also.

Last edited:
I hear a lot of people say that about modern day vices. Can you explain?

Have you ever done much metal work? ,its one of those things you would never think about unless you've used both the modern vices and the old school vices. I build a lot of film camera equipment from cranes to dollies that can handle a cam operator and a 1st AC (my actual job is film work not photography) ,that means building strong but light enough to transport, I have numerous vices of all sizes from modern ones to one my great granddad owned (very much like the one in the pic) and the old one is by a mile the best vice.

Basically the old ones are smoother to work with.

Next week I am heading to the Scottish Highlands to do the North Coast 500 route and lots of landscape photography.

When you're heading through Stoer on the route, take a detour and head up to Stoer Head lighthouse- lovely shots from down on the rocks looking up to the lighthouse on the cliffs. When your back on the route, the next village at Clashnessie has nice possibilities at the bay depending on the weather/ tide conditions but a short walk heading to the right as you enter the village is a lovely waterfall - Clashnessie Falls.

You're actually spoiled for choice in that area but these are some of my favourites in Assynt

Have a great trip

Back