North England Abandoned Location around liverpool

Name
Demon
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone know places around the liverpool where you could go for a shoot with a model?
I heard about Woolton Hall being popular but is there anything else you know?
Thanks

What do you mean by abandoned?
A derelict wharehouse that you can legally enter, if you know how?
Used quite a bit by students from Uni with models.
Best to go on a Sunday morning to keep away from prying eyes, but it's quiet and you won't have much trouble.
6 or 7 floors with lots of "artefacts" still in place - even a dartboard!
FXT15419.jpg FXT15432.jpg FXT15449.jpg FXT15478.jpg

You can/could get into the Tobacco Warehouse. It's being converted in apartments, but it's a bit of a hit and miss job at present, so I don't think there is full on site security. I just walked in one Sunday morning. The hard part is finding the stairs upwards; once you're on them you are out of sight of everybody. The "security" was a guy from Belfast who was working there during the week, and sleeping on site at weekends as watchman. He caught me (on the way out) but "if anything goes wrong we haven't seen each other" was his message! His portakabin is the opposite end of the site to the entry...easy peasy!
View attachment 97331 View attachment 97332 FXT15276.jpg

It really depends on what kind of look you're going for. There are a few guys bits of graffiti around some parts of Liverpool too. Do you have a particular shot in mind?

Thank you so much for all your suggestion. I'm looking for something like a warehouse with more of a open space with nice backgrounds. The shoot is with the colour powders that are used in festival. Would to use some portrait of a dancer or gymnast. The problem is since it will be a casting call the site must be some sort of a secure place with not as much rubble or security around. I know it sounds like a bit too much but thats why I'm struggling. There used to be a nice place by metal scrap on the dock road but they demolishing part of it and they have machinery on site so obviously security. Is it worth approaching the guards regarding a shoot on any of them sites or for health and safety they would refuse?

Is it worth approaching the guards regarding a shoot on any of them sites or for health and safety they would refuse?
Jobsworths with hi viz jackets and ID badges on lanyards round their necks? They are not allowed to make decisions or even think for themselves. Don't waste your breath.

You need somewhere safe really- the scrap place probably isn't too be honest - you also really need somewhere where you have permission.

You could approach the St Lukes, they're closed for repairs so they might be amenable to a photo shoot - really dramatic backdrop for Holi powder.

Another idea might be to approach the guys at Camp and Furnace- that's a warehouse venue that might be a good backdrop, there are different sections to it too, all with different lighting. There isn't much in the way of outdoor space but the indoor space is huge (and safe). :)

Jobsworths with hi viz jackets and ID badges on lanyards round their necks? They are not allowed to make decisions or even think for themselves. Don't waste your breath.

It comes down to liability, a lot of these places are unsafe to enter, if (or when!) there's an accident, which could easily be life-changing or fatal, who would be responsible? Old buildings can contain all sorts of hazards in addition to being structurally unsound; things such as open hatches in the floor covered by a bit of old hardboard or debris and leaves, and contamination from toxic chemicals, asbestos fibre dust, ionising radiation, etc. can be present. Generally speaking, landowners don't spend money on fencing, barriers and warning signage for fun. So don't think badly of someone if they refuse you access, it's probably for a very good reason! To some people, it might seem like good fun to explore some derelict building or site, but is it worth the risk and consequences, especially just to take a few photos?

Last edited:
Back