South-West England Abandoned locations Cornwall/Devon

Name
Ash
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey folks,

Since starting out with my first DSLR a couple of months ago I have developed an interest in shooting interiors of abandoned buildings. Always loved exploring off the beaten track and being able to document that with a camera is perfect!

My question is, does anyone know of any abandoned buildings in Cornwall or North Devon? I have visited most of the well known ones in and around North Cornwall already, namely Davidstow airfield, Wenford Dries and a few others but I'm looking for some more less well known places.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Ash

Last edited:
Wheal South Francis just outside Redruth. Take the road from Peace to Four Lanes and you will see it on the right. The buildings are the remains of a steam beam engine, boiler house and ancillary buildings. They were abandoned around 1920.

Wheal South Francis just outside Redruth. Take the road from Peace to Four Lanes and you will see it on the right. The buildings are the remains of a steam beam engine, boiler house and ancillary buildings. They were abandoned around 1920.

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply, I'll have a look into it and add that one to my list. Shame I didn't ask before I was in Redruth for work this morning!

Hi Ash you could try the reservoirs between the Rea Valley & the Teign Valley inside the woods between them there was a old Barn / house with a garage, that had fallen down with a Hillman imp inside. I haven't been there for awhile!
The Reservoirs are very pretty & worth a trip!
Mush

Just outside Newquay on the Chacewater A3075 road are some abandoned buildings, not able to get to them myself. Always thought they would be worth a look if I was more mobile. Here is the ref from Google Maps 50.386459, -5.082025 you can see what looks like a tower.

Hi Ash you could try the reservoirs between the Rea Valley & the Teign Valley inside the woods between them there was a old Barn / house with a garage, that had fallen down with a Hillman imp inside. I haven't been there for awhile!
The Reservoirs are very pretty & worth a trip!
Mush

I'm planning a trip around this area next month, I might have to add this as a potential visit, thank you! :ty:

Just outside Newquay on the Chacewater A3075 road are some abandoned buildings, not able to get to them myself. Always thought they would be worth a look if I was more mobile. Here is the ref from Google Maps 50.386459, -5.082025 you can see what looks like a tower.

Not to far down the road from me, I've probably passed this a hundred times and never noticed. Thank you for this! (y)

Back