Abandoned swimming baths - wire wool

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
No
6912326952_c010f935fd_b_zps852918a6.jpg

These type of shots always fascinate me ... this is a good venue to show it off (y)

Get down in the middle of the Pool and do an orb with it

Shame its not in the SE

thanks lads, this was from months ago when I first got my camera, but only just signed up to the forum today. I'd like to re-visit it. can see a few more shots on more Flickr

Last edited:
Very very nice indeed. What a brilliant place to shoot.

it was my first ever attempt at this kind of stuff and I'd only had my camera a few weeks.

From memory - Set up with a tripod and wired trigger. settings were bulb, f8 ISO200. I friend took the shot once i'd set up and its me who you can see spinning.

The wire wool was put inside a balloon whisk attached to a dog lead and lit with a 9v battery.

check out my flickr for more of these shots at that location.

Last edited:
Looks good, I've been wondering how to do the spinning wire wool... I'll be doing a shopping trip soon.
:)

Super shot, I wonder if you PP'd yourself out of the shot it might give it another dimension.
That place is just inviting you to go and do some more and post them up.

Super shot, I wonder if you PP'd yourself out of the shot it might give it another dimension.
That place is just inviting you to go and do some more and post them up.

that was well beyond my PP skills at the time! :LOL:

I might go back and re visit this place before it goes for good. Many happy childhood memories of collecting rubber bricks from the deep end in my pyjamas!

I was in there a couple of times before the chavs and the council went to town on it, some interesting features. Like the OP I used to go there as a child, however it was threepence in back then, and I'm talking about the old 12 sided threepenny bit!

Brilliant shot. Love these venues.

Know many will also be aware if this site but if not it might be of interest to some. There are some great exploration photos, some of the guys do very good photography whilst others just take a few snaps

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/

Back