Abanoned zinc mine

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
Yes
Had another interesting exploration of an old mine on Saturday and played about with some lighting. Heres a few of shots from underground :

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Thanks for looking:)

This looks a scary place to take photos - to say nothing of lighting issues.

I love #2 - the colours, the reflections and the sense of 'this must lead somewhere, if I only climb through that gap' What are the rocks - the 'marbling' on the right looks great. :clap::clap:

#3 has that same sense of a journey to be undertaken. :)

Jean

yep you lucky so n so to get images like this
but i aint got no waders so a no go for me also dont like sall places
ohh i like them

I really like no.2, the refrlection is good, and the stonework is impressive in 1 and 3.

what didi you do for the lighting ?

"What are the rocks - the 'marbling' on the right looks great."

could be deposits of soluble minerals left by water run-off across the rock face or it it could be minerals that were not extracted by the mining operation.

Last edited:
How did you get in there? Love the images for their atmosphere :)

what didi you do for the lighting ?

"What are the rocks - the 'marbling' on the right looks great."

could be deposits of soluble minerals left by water run-off across the rock face or it it could be minerals that were not extracted by the mining operation.

Thanks for the feedback folks, it is appreciated.

The lighting I use is very simple. I use my caving headlamp and also a Fenix T1 LED torch. Expose for about 30 seconds, ISO200, F5.6 usually and wave the torch around to paint in the light.

The "marbling" is just flowstone or calcite mineralisation caused by the water inflow, as Enduro suggested.

As for getting in, the entrances are horizontal, driven into a mountain side, rather than a shaft like you'd find in coal mines. So the answer is, I walked in :D

Back