Aberdour Harbour at Dusk

Its a nice shot, i tried to look at the exif info on flikr but its not there? there is a fair amount of grain in the colour suggesting a high iso, you could maybe try a lower iso and a longer shutter time to reduce that effect.

Also i'd recommend carrying a lens wipe with you at all times, quite often people forget to wipe the lens before shooting. I see there is what appears to be a rain drop or smudge center frame an inch up from the bottom on the water, and there is another smaller one right side a third of the way down. Easily fixed with the clone tool in ps though.

I do like the colours and its nicely framed.

Its a nice shot, i tried to look at the exif info on flikr but its not there? there is a fair amount of grain in the colour suggesting a high iso, you could maybe try a lower iso and a longer shutter time to reduce that effect.

Also i'd recommend carrying a lens wipe with you at all times, quite often people forget to wipe the lens before shooting. I see there is what appears to be a rain drop or smudge center frame an inch up from the bottom on the water, and there is another smaller one right side a third of the way down. Easily fixed with the clone tool in ps though.

Hey , thank you for commenting, I cant work out how to see the exif data on Flickr - am not very good with computers :thinking: But Ive still got the pics on memory card and the iso is set @ 200 but thats the lowest it can go on my Nikon. The other settings are F13 and shutter 25.

I did see that "splodge" on the picture but I cant work out what it is, it does look like a water drop but it wasnt raining that evening and the picture taken seconds before doesnt have it and the photos taken after dont have it either, regardless though it is a reminder to keep checking my lens when Im out. I don't know enough about photo editing to take it out tho - thats my next challenge :D

Nice shot, i got rid of the water drop, and edited it a bit.
6826672249_92eba67da9_b-2_e.jpg

Heres my edit, i left your original framing as it suited the shot imo, I did a number of things to clean it up...
1. removed the smudges on the lens
2. removed the crane and its reflection from the right side of frame
3. removed the plane vapour trail from the sky.
4. removed that pudle at the bottom left so the beach goes right across.
5. got rid of the grain
6. boosted the vibrance to bring the colours out on the horizon.

marinafixtp.jpg

You'll love editing your pics when you get the hang of it, it makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
Nice picture, great colour in the sky !

Thank you , funny thing is I took this on my way back to the car and initially wasnt gonna bother because my hands were too cold :D

Nice shot, i got rid of the water drop, and edited it a bit.

Thank you! :)

Heres my edit, i left your original framing as it suited the shot imo, I did a number of things to clean it up...
1. removed the smudges on the lens
2. removed the crane and its reflection from the right side of frame
3. removed the plane vapour trail from the sky.
4. removed that pudle at the bottom left so the beach goes right across.
5. got rid of the grain
6. boosted the vibrance to bring the colours out on the horizon.

You'll love editing your pics when you get the hang of it, it makes a huge difference.

Thank you, Ive got a really basic photo editing program that came with the computer but its something I really need to learn how to do properly at some point (Ive been saying that for about 2 years now tho :LOL: )

very nice final edit
glad youreduced the noise in the sky

very nice final edit
glad youreduced the noise in the sky

Hey guys was wondering what has caused the sky to be grainy/noisy if it wasnt the iso? is it something I can fix as Im taking the picture rather than afterwards? :)

Must admit you had me stumped with that question myself when you said it was iso 200. What nikon is it you have?

Back