Abi at the window

I like them both, they have a charming 20's style about them. The way the natural light falls on the model in #1 is very nice. The delicate tones in #2 are perfect to my eye.

Steve.

They are both really well composed images.

The technicals in #1 are really well presented. If I may, would you mind 'dimming' the reflections in the middle windows and posting one up? All the other windows are very dark except that one. Would love to see one with it dimmed or even gone.

#2 - Wow... This is a really awesome frame. Amazing. I love everything about it. If I wanted to knit pick, I would have nothing to say.

Cheers,
Rich

Lovely. #2 is perfect. For some reason I now fancy watching some film noir this afternoon.would love to see a 16:9 crop :)

Both of these are exquisite, but for me no.1 just edges it, everything is right about it, sensual and sophisticated. Love it well done

They are both really well composed images.

The technicals in #1 are really well presented. If I may, would you mind 'dimming' the reflections in the middle windows and posting one up? All the other windows are very dark except that one. Would love to see one with it dimmed or even gone.

I think it looks better edited as you suggested - good call

sabi02a-window by djsmgibbs, on Flickr

:) I am not one to be too serious all the time on a shoot and I do like to mess about a bit - this is mostly as shot. Free free to give honest opinions - it a little beyond marmite even but I did chuckle when I saw it on the back of the camera

sabi03 by djsmgibbs, on Flickr

I don't like 3 marmite for me, number 1 is outstanding edited or not. Well done

I don't like 3 marmite for me, number 1 is outstanding edited or not. Well done

On no 3 its fine not to like it, its insane, over the top and a bit mad but for some reason I love it

Thanks on no 1 - one of my favourites for the year :)

Regards

Donald

I do love the second image a lot

Alvaston castle rocks, I'm always walking around the place, I live just up the road @ shardlow, nice set of images too really like them, nice and sharp, where was number 2 shot, it looks very professional and like already mentioned very good framing :)

Ha i didn't recognise Alvaston castle. Might be worth a trip up there:)

Alvaston castle rocks, I'm always walking around the place, I live just up the road @ shardlow, nice set of images too really like them, nice and sharp, where was number 2 shot, it looks very professional and like already mentioned very good framing :)

It does indeed - I had never been before but it was only a mile or so from the models house, plenty of good locations to shoot there although it was a bit wet and muddy on Saturday. Will I go back to Elvaston - yep

No 2 is a little special to me too, it was shot at her house with her indoors and me outside.

Donald

Just wanted to say I think this is top work. Number 2 is fab but I also like number 5 (even with the wacky pp).

Good stuff (y)

Just wanted to say I think this is top work. Number 2 is fab but I also like number 5 (even with the wacky pp).

Good stuff (y)

hehe - no 5 - wacky :) A little bit of cross processing and a chunk of glamour glow is all that its had done but it gives it a little bit of a pin up feel which was the aim.

Glad you like 2 which is such a simple shot but works well for me too

Thanks for commenting, always appreciated.

Donald

No 2 Great! and 5, not keen on 1, maybe the girls shoes are just too big.

The pose of 1 is also very hard to pull off, she does a good job of it but doesn't quite get it right, maybe it's more to do with body shape.

Last edited:
Must say i'm not keen on the first one either, i think it might be because the girl is posing in front of a window that spoils it for me :thinking: the background directly behind her kind of spoils her pose?? I really can't put my finger on it though.

Othe than the marmite shot the rest are great (y) particularly like 2 and 5 very retro looking.

Thanks everyone, we were lucky with the weather and natural light work is not my strength so for me very pleased with the set in its entirety - even the marmite one that I am battling with my wife to allow me to print big and hang on the wall :)

Donald

Back