About time I posted some photos!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, I registered these fine forums a while back and even though I've had a browse I'm afraid I haven't contributed. :embarrese

Time I changed all that and posted a few pictures for you lot to critique and ponder. :D

I spent the morning at Greenwich market today and didn't get much of a chance to take pictures but I did manage to get a couple and I tried my new circular polorizer too. Not my best pictures to date but wanted to share and contribute to this place.

gren01.jpg

gren02.jpg

Here's a shot I took of the moon a week or so ago, quite please as it was my first attempt at it.

Moon001.jpg

I'll try and make more of an effort to post in this place as it's refreshing to read a forum that is friendly and you can post your pictures without the fear of harshness rather than freindly critique.

I look forward to picking up some top tips and some great banter along the way.

Thanks all

Agro :D

Welcome aboard Agro.
I like all 3 shots but there's something about #2 I really like but can't put my finger on it.

If you have Photoshop, give this a whirl: http://luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/contrast-enhancement.shtml

LCE (Local Contrast Enhancement)
It does a great job of adding localised contrast and acts as a kind of haze filter.

Its very easy and think it will make a world of difference to this shot :icon_cool

EDIT:
There is some pixelisation evident on the sky on #2.
You are allowed images up to 160k here and this image is at 104k
If you still have the original, I would knock the file size up a tad ;)

Bachs said:
There is some pixelisation evident on the sky on #2.
You are allowed images up to 160k here and this image is at 104k
If you still have the original, I would knock the file size up a tad ;)

I agree with you about no2, no idea why I like but I do.

Well spotted about the pixels, I always seem to suffer from never knowing what the best size or way to resize my images. EG that shot started as a 7meg raw file then converted to a 17 meg tiff, along the way I seemed to have lost the plot reducing it in size to a jpeg. Also not only the actual file size but I find it hard knowing what the best res to post in. All in all I'm a noob at this sort of thing and any advice would be good. I have the original, so I'll have another go.

Thanks for the feedback and pointers Bach :D

EDIT- I have had another go at no2

gren02b.jpg

great shot of the moon, I have tried many times to get good moon shots (holds for the jokes) but never really get anywhere.

i like the domes, works well for me. Thanks for posting!

Congrats on your first posts!

The domes pic is definately better for the slight sharpening. Was it quite a hazy day when the photo was taken?

Back