Above The Long Causeway

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Almost packed up and went home but just had a hunch something might happen ...

IMG_0190b.jpg

Above The Long Causeway by Chris Gilbert

Caught the light spot on, Chris. That sort of shots works really well with good deep shadows which you have got. Nice depth to the shot, also.

Thanks Dougie. This is quite an interesting one because it's a view that I usually overlook as it doesn't usually have enough detail to hold the interest. Sure, Stanage makes a lovely dimishing line but the expanse of featureless moorland in front kind of offsets that in a way that is too negative for me. The magic ingredient here is of course the mad sky, which makes up for the boring moorland :LOL:

Thanks Dougie. This is quite an interesting one because it's a view that I usually overlook as it doesn't usually have enough detail to hold the interest. Sure, Stanage makes a lovely dimishing line but the expanse of featureless moorland in front kind of offsets that in a way that is too negative for me. The magic ingredient here is of course the mad sky, which makes up for the boring moorland :LOL:

The moorland is actually showing quite well due to the angle of the light.

For me this is a stunning picture.
The contrast between the rugged rocks and plain moorland set against such an active sky works brilliantly for me.
I especially like the detail in the foreground where you see the layers in the individual rocks and the way the very dark sky above them contrasts to the left-hand side of the frame.
Well done. Love it!

Back