Acanthoscurria Geniculata

Name
Tomas
Edit My Images
No
Or 'Flash' as she is more affectionately known.

It was a bit of an experiment this, she has just moulted on Sunday and so is taking it easy, quite often still for long periods while her brand new exo skeleton hardens, so I had a go at a HDR. I'm moving her to a better tank in a week or two, the glass will be much better to snap a few through than the plastic tank she's in now, it gets a bit murky.

All the best.

Tomas

FlashHDRCloseUp.jpg

me too, but you might want to put a warning in the title for the arachnophobes amongst us. !!

I am jealous, if only my missus would let me keep these beautiful creatures in the house ...

Ah well !!

Super shot and certainly fill the frame nicely (y)

me too, but you might want to put a warning in the title for the arachnophobes amongst us. !!

I am jealous, if only my missus would let me keep these beautiful creatures in the house ...

Ah well !!

(Chuckle) To be fair, I'm not exactly arachnophobe free, my girlfriend wasn't exactly loving the idea of having one but after six months of being owners, she agree's with me on the 'it's just like having a bonsai but with the addition of getting bitten if not careful' analogy. I am eternally grateful to her for agreeing to let me keep one, I've wanted one since I was a little 'un.

They are fantastic pets, as long as you treat them with respect and don't have the insane desire to handle them like you would a hamster then they are fairly easy and extremely cheap to care for.

The original looks like the following but I cropped it down, the blow out on the back annoyed me.
The sigma 150mm macro lens is an incredible buy for the cash, i couldn't recommend it more, one day the MpE-65 will be amongst my gear but not until I have found a successful method to materialize finances from thin air.
FlashHDR700pxcopy.jpg

Many thanks for the kind words.

Excellent image Tomas ... (y) ... loving the pose and the composition you have plumped for ... :D ... a beautiful critter ... ;)

You could always take the pics out of the tank to avoid the glass being an obstruction ... :shrug: ... perhaps your G/F would cup her hands around it to stop it shooting off as you take the image ... :LOL:

:p

Back