Accident with another car, they're claiming whiplash

I personally wouldn't lie about anything. In my experience lying always comes back to bite you on the bum.

There's nothing to stop you giving the opinion that because you didn't see her she *may* have been going some speed though :p

B'stards, I hope they do her, AND the solicitor, for trying to defraud the system :thumbsdown:

I don't think that ever happens does it, not an actual prosecution....that’s why people think they can get away with it again and again....crap init. :(

Theirs a company used by Red Star insurance to suss fraudulent cases...its called Brown Sword....good name I thought. :LOL:

There's nothing to stop you giving the opinion that because you didn't see her she *may* have been going some speed though :p

Exactly...you shouldn't have to lie. :nono: but some exaggeration would work for you...she's not behaving reasonably is she...?

Are you just going to lie back and let her use you....

..I realise that sounds quite pleasant. ;)

:LOL: Love the name.

The company I used to work for, it got to the point where they automatically investigated every single claim (themsleves) that landed on their doorstep.

The amount of money they saved by disproving liars was massive I believe. People claiming to have accidents with buses that were never there etc.

From what you've already said Pete, I don't see that she has a leg to stand on re the whiplash. For one, it doesn't sound like you were going fast enough, and you can't get whiplash from a tiny little bump. If she wasn't admitted to hospital and seen there, then who is confirming the whiplash? People like this really p*ss me off. I'd just let the insurance company sort it out, and stop worrying :)

About 8 years ago, I skidded on black ice, came to a standstill, then the next car that came along did the same and crashed into me. I did get whiplash and was seen in the hospital, but being the honest person I am, didn't make a claim against the other driver for the whiplash. £3k would have been nice, but wouldn't have made my neck any better. I'm still having problems with my neck now, but even if i could turn the clock back, I still wouldn't claim. Now if the driver of the car had been driving like a total t*sser, it would have been a different story. Sorry... these 'whiplash/ oooh £3K (or whatever they pay out)' claims just really wind me up. Grrrrrr :annoyed:

She Turned too sharply, while you had stopped to allow someone to cross the road, she hit your bumper.
the person who crossed the road didnt notice anything because the speed of the collission was so low.
I doubt your phone conversation will be recalled only your form you submit!!
She is taking the pi55. the Passenger was prolly the insurred driver!!!!
Do what you need to do to get out of it, its upto them to prove otherwise..no witnesses 50/50 claim!

I dunno. I recall things quite well. I remembered the colour of the car and that it was a 2 door hatchback. While I could suggest that she drove into me and that her tyre hit my bumper, that would place her car clearly visible in my right hand mirror. That would suggest that I wasn't paying attention.

In that case it would not be your fault, if you were in motion when she turned across you the accident is her fault, as her 'way' was not clear.

whats weird is she took off without giving you any details...! I smell a big hairy, filthy rat.

sounds like leaving the scene of an accident to me, thats an offence!

About 8 years ago, I skidded on black ice, came to a standstill, then the next car that came along did the same and crashed into me. I did get whiplash and was seen in the hospital, but being the honest person I am, didn't make a claim against the other driver for the whiplash. £3k would have been nice, but wouldn't have made my neck any better. I'm still having problems with my neck now, but even if i could turn the clock back, I still wouldn't claim. Now if the driver of the car had been driving like a total t*sser, it would have been a different story. Sorry... these 'whiplash/ oooh £3K (or whatever they pay out)' claims just really wind me up. Grrrrrr :annoyed:

Such a claim for whiplash would not be dishonest. I'm sure you claimed off the other drivers insurance for the repair of your car, so there would be no wrong in claiming compensation for your personal injury.

As regards to the "whiplash" injury in petemc's case, I fail to see how a side on slow collision could result in a whiplash injury. Am I wrong in thinking that whiplash only occurs whereby your head gets thrown back violently passed it's normal position that you could physically move your head yourself. Therefore a side on collision could not cause a whiplash injury, this would occur only if she had been hit from the rear. The only person who could feasibly have received whiplash in such an accident would be petemc.

Back