Beginner Accidentally art

You see it as " Accidentally art"
I see it simply as an "Accident"

Sorry!

I disagree, I rather like it in an abstract kind of way.

Well can I join in o_O as this shot was definitely chosen deliberately as art and no way an accident due to multi exposure (cough).
JmHoX7T.jpg

Last edited:
Time for me to pack in photography I think!

Not yet Asha, still loads of great shots to be made. It's spring, time to get out on the bike and bag some epic large format landscapes (y)

I like the shot too. It looks like the paths of electrons or an intestellar chart from a sci-fi film or something. As accidents go, it's an interesting one.

Photography, like most branches of the arts, contains a huge variety of genres, styles, and artistic interpretations and there will always be subjective points of view to go along with them, so I can readily understand why some people will not like the image too.

Weird accidents and "intentional" shots that break normal conventions are always going to be a bit marmite: some like or love them, some loathe them with a passion, for others they're a bit "meh"! I find them interesting and challenging in a different way. I'll be taking a roll of expired Reala 100 (rated at 50) out for some ICM this week as part of Jason Avery's #CameraChallenge, so be warned, @Asha !

OTOH, please keep taking your excellent pictures, Asha, which I really enjoy seeing...

So who's going to be the first to attempt ICM using his/her Chroma (or other 5x4 kit)??

After all if it's to be classed as ART then it needs to be on top quality pro sheet film, in fact let's go for 10 x 8

Any takers?.....I suspect not!

Some may think I'm " on one" concerning this topic…..I dunno, perhaps so, but in all honesty both ICM and "accidents" are imo, complete and utter b*ll*x and do nothing to express the skills ( or lack of them as the case may be) of any given photographer

Edit, if the shot is a genuine accident then yes it does do something to express the lack of skill, but either way the result is b*ll*x and worthy of little more than the bin.

Last edited:
I like the the OP too. :)

ICM can be very effective but I've seen so many bad ones too.

I like the the OP too. :)

ICM can be very effective but I've seen so many bad ones too.

I agree and that's a big disadvantage of trying it with film; the success rate is very low (and you can't see what worked until next week!). Plus I suspect once I've done a few more vertical and horizontal sweeps and zooming while the shutter's open, I'll run out of ideas! But it's keeping me out of mischief for a while...
So who's going to be the first to attempt ICM using his/her Chroma (or other 5x4 kit)??

After all if it's to be classed as ART then it needs to be on top quality pro sheet film, in fact let's go for 10 x 8

Not me; I did try a 135 shot on black and white and it didn't work out as well. There's no way I'm spending £9 a frame for colour film and dev on ICM!!! I may be daft but I'm not stupid... (OK, maybe that's questionable too).

...either way the result is b*ll*x and worthy of little more than the bin.
For heaven’s sake Asha don’t beat about the bush or sit on the fence, your post is really ambiguous, tell us how you really feel.

Back